Team Integra Forums banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I am having a problem with my Audiobahn powered sub. I installed it and it seems to be working fine, then randomly it will stop playing low to medium volume. Here are the thing I have checked when it stops playing.

-It is receiving power when it stops playing. The blue power light remains on, and all fuses are intact.
-I used a spare speaker to tap into the signal going into the sub at the speaker harness that goes into the sub itself. (I am using speaker level inputs). I did this each time it stopped playing and each time the test
speaker played . So the audio signal is ok too.

Here is the weird part. The way I get it to start playing again is to plug an IPOD directly into the RCA inputs. Then I hear bass from the IPOD. When I turn the stereo back on, then the sub is playing fine again. This method to get it playing again worked 100% of the time.
Somehow it seems that a RCA direct in kick starts it into working again.

I am pretty sure the wiring to the sub is fine as plugging in the IPOD wouldn't fix the problem if it was wiring.
Could the sub be defective? Or is there something else I should check?

·
Registered
1,376 Posts
Hmm did your amp overheat or something? If your amp is ass, it will overheat and turn off to cool down. Make sure your amp can power the sub properly. I don't know........

·
Registered
906 Posts
Ok its obviously not the amp overheating. You said that u checked the signal from the amp output with a seperate speaker and it works right?
I can tell you that if you are using the speaker level inputs than thats most likely your problem. Sometimes those powered subs are really picky about an input source. I have had the same problems installing those Bazooka powered tubes. When I used speaker level, it worked sometimes and sometimes it didn't. Its an easy, in-expensive fix. Go buy a line level converter, cheap RCA cables and go the RCA input route. It will work.... good luck.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.