Team Integra Forums banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
has anyone had experience adding a new stereo to their integra? specifically, i'm looking for a place to run a new larger (4awg) power wire to the battery. so is there a place i can run it through the firewall without having to drill?

thanks

·
Registered
3,818 Posts
yea. but I cant remember on a 88 teg (looking at your profile). I know 89 Accord is on the right side of the firewall (it should drop on top of the pedals).

·
Registered
461 Posts
take a look on the firewall for a rubber grommet. there should be one somewhere. just punch it out and make a cut in the center to run the wire through and put it back in. or you might be able to squeeze it through an existing hole where wires already go through.

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
thanks for the replies, i'm going to give it a try today

one more thing, can the alternator handle two amps that put out 350 watts each? I'm wondering if i'm going to be dimming my lights!

·
Registered
105 Posts
there is a rubber plug on the passengerside of the firewall, under the fuel filter...i would recommend an alternator upgrade because two 350 watt amps will dim the lights...heck my pioneer head unit with speakers can dim the lights sometimes.

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Well, i've since completed the install. I have 2 350w amps, 1 12 inch sub and component speakers running off a pioneer premier headunit. it sounds sweet :)

there has been no dimming by the way..not yet at least. An amp will draw more power when it is loaded more..so I'm not entering any SPL competitions just yet so it should be fine.

although, my neighbors have complained once already :)

1 - 7 of 7 Posts