Team Integra Forums banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
171 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Leaving the car wash the other day, the interior of my car started smoking like crazy, and my deck stopped working. I took my deck out, and the power wire is burnt all the way up as far as you can see it.

Now I can't hook up my deck no more. Anyone know what I can do?

·
Registered
131 Posts
just a question.
was there a fuse in the line any place or did you carlessly leave it out.
any way there is a fix for the problem. You can install a new wire and tap it into the fuse box there are several open fuses that are available for this. run a new wire from the fuse to the deck and you should be all set. if you do not know much about the wiring of cars and car stereo's I would seek the help of some one who does.

·
Administrator
43,014 Posts
first, find the cause, you should be able to see where the wire got broken through

typically the wire gets chaffed on something like a bolt, or sharp corner...

that for sure would be a good start

·
Administrator
43,014 Posts
durb69 on Aug/12/02 said:
just a question.
was there a fuse in the line any place or did you carlessly leave it out.
any way there is a fix for the problem. You can install a new wire and tap it into the fuse box there are several open fuses that are available for this. run a new wire from the fuse to the deck and you should be all set. if you do not know much about the wiring of cars and car stereo's I would seek the help of some one who does.
not saying this is the case all the time, but i have seen a fuse actually melt in a closed position, making the fuse, well basically, useless...

·
Registered
171 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
MorningZ on Aug/12/02 said:
first, find the cause, you should be able to see where the wire got broken through

typically the wire gets chaffed on something like a bolt, or sharp corner...

that for sure would be a good start
I don't know if it's what your talking about but I think somehow the power wire came in contact with the ground wire thus all the plastic from the power wire has burnt all the way from behind my deck, all the way up as far as you can see it.

Morningz, please help me, I've been cruisin with no music for a while, and damn it's gettin boring!!

·
Registered
400 Posts
wow....ive that happen to me once before... well...it was from installing a cheap ol chapman code alarm...that was a defective harness....but yea...try to follow it as far as u can to pin point the problem....what happend to me was that i followed my burnt wire all the way to the harness...and noticed that tha valet(gnd when pushed) and ign. were next to each other, melted together...so i put two and two together...and discovered that the two were probably touching...cuz it was all melted there.. but yea..hope this can help u out a lil..

1 - 7 of 7 Posts