Team Integra Forums banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
133 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
on my other cars, the power windows will still work for a few minutes after the car has been turned off, if the doors are not opened. I do not see this feature on my 96 gsr and was wondering if all tegs are like this or just mine. Thanks.

·
Registered
1,324 Posts
nope, mine is the same way. Oddly enough my sister's 1994 vigor had that option though, you'd think they would have incorperated it somehow into the teg too.
Ryan

·
Registered
284 Posts
Does anyone know if its possible to wire the windows up this way??

Or even better, is it possible to wire the windows to work on the ACC switch rather than the IGN so that i can use my windows when I'm sitting in my car listening to music??

·
Registered
60 Posts
kiddo118 on Mar/07/04 said:
on my other cars, the power windows will still work for a few minutes after the car has been turned off, if the doors are not opened. I do not see this feature on my 96 gsr and was wondering if all tegs are like this or just mine. Thanks.
I am share such a system can be swapped in from another Acura?

·
Registered
4,227 Posts
JD911 on May/12/07 said:
Does anyone know if its possible to wire the windows up this way??

Or even better, is it possible to wire the windows to work on the ACC switch rather than the IGN so that i can use my windows when I'm sitting in my car listening to music??
Yes, it's entirely possible to make the windows work this way.

For 98+ models:
Quick & dirty way is change the BLK/YEL wire (from IG1) that feeds fuse #24 to the WHT/BLK (from ACC) wire.

Similar for your 96, but the colors & fuse # are probably different. Check a Helms for full circuit diagrams, makes life easier.

You could wire up to a constant 12V source instead to have them work all the time, but this would probably not be the best idea.

Or you could build a time delay relay circuit that is triggered off the IG1 or ACC, and passes along the constant 12V for some amount of time after turning off the ignition. This would get a little more complicated & expensive (maybe $40 of parts), but it's very do-able.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts