Team Integra Forums banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have a 97 LS that I'm wrapping up a major overhaul on (engine, dash, belts, pumps, hoses, etc.). I've been replacing all of the o-rings, hoses, etc. with stock Honda parts, but it looks like the hose part number from the power steering reservoir to the pump is discontinued. Has anyone successfully replaced a 94-97 hose (#53731-SR3-990) with a 98-01 (#53731-S04-J50)? Any alternate suggestions?

·
Registered
49 Posts
Can you just measure the hose Iinside diameter and outside diameter and buy a 3 foot length of generic hose the same size at your local hardware store and cut to fit?

Sent from my SM-J727V using Tapatalk

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Can you just measure the hose Iinside diameter and outside diameter and buy a 3 foot length of generic hose the same size at your local hardware store and cut to fit?
This is the S-shaped hose that goes over the power steering belt. I think I'd rather keep this one stock/copy if I can b/c if it kisses the belt at 4k RPM's, it'll probably be a bad day. I found a copy at Parts Geek, but I don't have any experience with the "Genuine" brand. 🤔

·
Registered
49 Posts
I'm not sure how to help you, and yeah I saw that one on parts geek. My best advice would be if you want a genuine part go to the junkyard and get one..otherwise maybe a shop can help you source a part you cant get/find...either way I hope you find it.good luck.

Sent from my SM-J727V using Tapatalk

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Update: I've decided to be the guinea pig for this experiment because others will undoubtedly discover this thread in the future and have the same or similar questions. I'm going to buy the hose (P/N #9) from the 98-01 (gen 3.5's) and do a side-by-side measurement and analysis. From the parts diagrams, both use the same reservoir and same 20mm clamps, but the inlet nipple on the Showa power steering pumps are slightly different for the G3 vs. G3.5 (P/N #2 in diag). I'll post back when I try to reassemble everything to let everyone here know how it goes.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts