Team Integra Forums banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
318 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
although this might seem dumd, i have a question about the power locks on my 97 gs. it seems as though i cannot lock the car door from the drivers side unless i have the handle out. as in i need to be pulling it out as to open the door just to use the power locks to lock the car, otherwixe it just wont lock. what the hell?

·
Administrator
43,018 Posts
its affectionately known as "the Honda trick"...

in my years as a audio installer, i must have shown that trick at least once a day.. and it was always funny when people have had their Honda/Acura for many many years and never knew "the trick".. heh heh

·
Registered
16,250 Posts
I love that secret =) It would be way to annoying to lock the car w/the key all the time. But then again it would suck more to lock your keys inside. Thats why I put my keys in my hand as Im doing it so I can see that I have them.

·
Registered
648 Posts
Yeah, I think you just have to make a habit out of only locking the doors when you have your keys in hand. However, I've still screwed up sometimes, so I started keeping my valet key in my wallet back when I was a teenager. It's saved me many times.

·
Registered
648 Posts
I know people here disparage ebay a lot, but I fixed that problem by buying a keyless entry system from there for $30. It works well, but it's pretty basic; it doesn't even flash the lights or honk the horn. But it sure is more convenient than fumbling for the keyhole, scratching the paint, etc.

·
Registered
880 Posts
i had a factory keyless entry on my 94 integra which i thought was standard until i got my 2000 gsr and was surprised to find it didnt...time for an alarm!

1 - 10 of 10 Posts