Team Integra Forums banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
662 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have a 95 SE with the automatic transmission (I know Its getting swapped for a type r as soon as funds come). Everyone I talk to about launching when I drag race says I should power brake to get the revs up. My question is that when I try and power break and get the revs up it only revs to like 2,200rpm. Is that normal? Is there any other way to launch without neutral bombing it?

·
Registered
1,410 Posts
Yeah, this is pretty normal. What you're doing is not only getting the revs up, but also opening up your automatic's torque converter (i.e. your tranny thinks you're hauling a 40ft boat up a mountain)

·
Registered
434 Posts
Yeah I try to pull off the manuver in less than a second so it doesn't get all loopy trying to pop into the next gear or bog out... Can actually get a fair amount of wheelspin occasionally.

·
Registered
807 Posts
it starts revving higher once u move like 10 mph or something like that...

but i think someone told me to rev like only up to around 1800....since revving higher will only make the car shift to 2nd gear...

·
Registered
153 Posts
I have an auto as well and I have wondered about power braking. I havent really tried it though but I assume this is really bad for the tranny. Opinions.

·
Registered
45 Posts
Sorry to bring this post back from the dead but I have an auto too and I would like to kn ow if this is bad for the tranny. I would assume it is but ya neva know.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts