Team Integra Forums banner
1 - 20 of 24 Posts

·
Registered
301 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
My power antenna does not work anymore. when i turn on the car i can hear the motor going, but the antenna doesn't go up or back down. it is stuck at about half way and if i move it up and down it moves freely like it came off track or something. i took off the trunk panels to get to the antenna motor and if anybody has ever had this happen who knows what can be the problem or how to fix it can you please tell me... THANX!

·
Registered
77 Posts
Mine did the same thing. It would not go down but I could push it down. When I turned the car back on it would go back up, but I turn it off and it wouldn't go back down. I messed around with it every few day becuase it bugged me and eventually I did something where I cant make it move at all. It is stuck halfway in and out. I just gave up and disconnected the motor until I feel like fixing it.

·
Registered
301 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Yeah i cant even push it down or anything its just stuck, ill look at it once more but then last resort ill just take it to the dealer. :( but still if anyone knows how to fix it id appreciate the help!

·
Registered
16 Posts
drivemyintegra on Mar/24/04 said:
Yeah i cant even push it down or anything its just stuck, ill look at it once more but then last resort ill just take it to the dealer. :( but still if anyone knows how to fix it id appreciate the help!
If cleaning doesn't help, you can buy a mast and try following these instructions:

Antenna Mast Replacement by DVPTeg26

My antenna motor dropped dead, so I had to buy a used motor. I'm now going to have to replace the mast in the "new" motor assembly. Grrr...

·
Registered
638 Posts
If you can hear the motor going but the antenna doesnt go anywhere , then you need I think it's called a new mast, it has the teeth in it that grabs the antenna, you can go to a Honda or a Acura dealership to get the peice, they are about $30 where I am.

·
Registered
461 Posts
or you can shave it off cause its ugly like i did lol

·
Registered
1,584 Posts
Mine got stuck up and i could hear the motor running. I hate the antenna look when its up so i just pushed it down (real hard) heard clicking i wasnt sure if it was breaking but i didnt care as long as it stayed down. but now it works perfectly.

·
Registered
184 Posts
My Antenna is doing that right now! I head the motor running when I turn the car off, but no movement what so ever from the antenna.

I guess I try was you guys suggested.......

·
Registered
50 Posts
Hey,
I had to replace my antenna mast cuz of the same problem. If you hear the motor running but the antenna doesn't go up and down it's the mast. Get a cheap one and get someone to replace it for yah.

·
Registered
3,936 Posts
anybody wanna sell me their broken antenna assembly for $10 shipped?

·
Registered
122 Posts
When mine goes down, it fully retacts, but the motor keeps going, so it makes a loud and obnoxious grinding sound. Its wierd, and eventually the motor will probably fry. Its alright, I never listen the radio much anyway.

·
Registered
883 Posts
i have the same problem all i hear is *click! grind! click! squeak! grind!*... one of these days when im having a REAL bad day... that thing is getting castrated with a pair of pliers.

·
Registered
828 Posts
i am going to have a power antenna for sale... i shaved mine and now it is chillin in my trunk.. i am getting a windsheild antenna so mine is for sale.. pm me.. accepting trades as well!

·
Registered
1,032 Posts
had the same exact prob when i got my teg. had it checked out at circuit city and found out that the motor is good (i can still hear it when i shut off) but the mast was broken. just replaced it with a windshield mounted antenna inside, cost me $30 install included (at a shop near my place). mast is cheaper to replace but lot of people warned me it may happen again since it seems to be common with our tegs.

·
Registered
461 Posts
damn there $50-60 here where i live. Go to honda though cause its cheaper than Acura parts. The antenna mast is the same on honda accords. so its like $10 cheaper than the part at acura.

i purchased the mast and replaced it...took me forever cause i was so confused but its now fixed and works perfectly.

·
Registered
86 Posts
My antenna broke won't go down stuck at almost full up

I know alot of people here have had power antenna problems & here in Illinois freezing temps put the OEM power antenna motor to the test. Well after 14 years mine has decided to break in the up position.

What happened to the old mast was the plastic cable with teeth had broken inside the plastic doughnut located inside the power antenna motor housing. This plastic cable with teeth is what allows the power antenna motor to pull the antenna up or down ..... when the cable breaks or the teeth have been ripped off is when the antenna will either get stuck up or won't go all the way down. A new mast will solve the problem in 99% of those cases as long as the motor still engages / works. If you don't hear the antenna motor engaging then its likely the antenna motor. See this website for further info !!!

Just to say a great website to go to for either a OEM mast replacement or a Antenna motor that you don't have to cut / fabricate just PNP plus CHEAP prices with directions / tech # to call if questions ... AntennaMastsRus.com as I just got done replacing my mast for $24.00 shipped !! I give a Big Thumbs up to this site & to those who want the great AM/FM reception the OEM mast gives you ! I think the hardest part was disassembling the antenna tube / drilling the old metal shroud that had fused / corroded to the top of the tube & putting it all back together again.

·
Registered
189 Posts
I found the best solution was to make it a manual telescoping antenna and rip the mast straight out, cut the cord, wrap some electrical tape around the bottom so that it's a little wider and will wedge it's self into the hole and jam it back it.

If you want better radio reception, get out and pull it up. If you don't want it up, get out and push it down.

1 - 20 of 24 Posts