Team Integra Forums banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
I have a 95 OBD1, 4 Door, Automatic, B18B1. I bought the car last year knowing very little about it, and it has been amazing. It now has 200k miles and runs fantastic. I’ve been slowly eliminating variables that might bug up the car (replaced valve cover and oil pan gasket, iridium spark plugs, silicone coolant tubes, needlessly frequent oil changes, fuel additives, new fuel filter... maintainable crap) I’ve been using 10w40 oil, but I think it will be good with 5w30 (correct me if I’m wrong)

Eventually I want to convert to a manual, but I don’t have anywhere to do such a conversion at the moment.

I want to tinker with the car and make it a little more powerful. Just curious what kind of mods I can do in my driveway. Any recommendations are appreciated. Also how might I tune the car?

·
Administrator
3,822 Posts
You're going to be limited with that automatic transmission. You can add some simple stuff (intake, header, exhaust), but you're not going to get much ROI (return of investment) with power.

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
You're going to be limited with that automatic transmission. You can add some simple stuff (intake, header, exhaust), but you're not going to get much ROI (return of investment) with power.
Any idea on the cost or where even I could buy the parts for a manual swap? Also I assume the ECU will need to be swapped, could I put an OBD2 ECU in or will I be missing stuff. I assume the OBD2 has an extra O2 sensor post-cat at least?

·
Administrator
3,822 Posts
Any idea on the cost or where even I could buy the parts for a manual swap? Also I assume the ECU will need to be swapped, could I put an OBD2 ECU in or will I be missing stuff. I assume the OBD2 has an extra O2 sensor post-cat at least?
Cost won't be cheap. Parts will need sourced from eBay, savage yards, or people selling somewhere online (Facebook Marketplace, Craigslist, OfferUP, online forums, ect.)

Also, OBD2 ecu's can't be tuned

·
Registered
42 Posts
I have a 95 OBD1, 4 Door, Automatic, B18B1. I bought the car last year knowing very little about it, and it has been amazing. It now has 200k miles and runs fantastic. I’ve been slowly eliminating variables that might bug up the car (replaced valve cover and oil pan gasket, iridium spark plugs, silicone coolant tubes, needlessly frequent oil changes, fuel additives, new fuel filter... maintainable crap) I’ve been using 10w40 oil, but I think it will be good with 5w30 (correct me if I’m wrong)

Eventually I want to convert to a manual, but I don’t have anywhere to do such a conversion at the moment.

I want to tinker with the car and make it a little more powerful. Just curious what kind of mods I can do in my driveway. Any recommendations are appreciated. Also how might I tune the car?
I am in the same boat as you, Have a 200k mile 94 sedan integra thats boosted but its daily driven. My response to you is if you want power and reliablility your best bet is just bolt on but like stated before its not too worth it all in all. The difference in power drop from auto to manual usually is around 25% so if you want something that can make lots of power just either swap the trans or trade for a manual integra. But if you like the car you have now just get basic bolt ons and tuned or chipped ecu.

·
Registered
42 Posts
I am in the same boat as you, Have a 200k mile 94 sedan integra thats boosted but its daily driven. My response to you is if you want power and reliablility your best bet is just bolt on but like stated before its not too worth it all in all. The difference in power drop from auto to manual usually is around 25% so if you want something that can make lots of power just either swap the trans or trade for a manual integra. But if you like the car you have now just get basic bolt ons and tuned or chipped ecu.
247Hp to wheels on 7psi just for numbers if you’re really interested

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
247Hp to wheels on 7psi just for numbers if you’re really interested
The power difference is really that much? I mean 25% is quite impressive. I’ve been thinking about getting a turbo kit, but if I can get that much more from just swapping trans, then I’ll do just that.

I could probably just get a new Teg which is hopefully in better shape that’s already manual and swap everything over. I’ve spent several thousands on this car by now, and the exhaust is meant for a GSR, but I had it extended, so I’ll have to get it shortened again.

This Teg has a lot of weird quirks like a crappy black repaint, interior water leak that I can’t seem to solve, swapped front seats which cause an SRS light, broken door handles, etc. I can make an engine run all day long, but I don’t want to waste time on anything but power.

·
Registered
42 Posts
The power difference is really that much? I mean 25% is quite impressive. I’ve been thinking about getting a turbo kit, but if I can get that much more from just swapping trans, then I’ll do just that.

I could probably just get a new Teg which is hopefully in better shape that’s already manual and swap everything over. I’ve spent several thousands on this car by now, and the exhaust is meant for a GSR, but I had it extended, so I’ll have to get it shortened again.

This Teg has a lot of weird quirks like a crappy black repaint, interior water leak that I can’t seem to solve, swapped front seats which cause an SRS light, broken door handles, etc. I can make an engine run all day long, but I don’t want to waste time on anything but power.
Yeah I’m in the same boat as you Ive spent thousands on a poop chasis but everything runs like a dream so i’m stuck with an automatic. I dont really care too much about the power drop, Its a daily and I need it reliable also. But yeah i’ve seen a couple people with the same block but different transmissions and the power difference was usually around 40-60hp difference. I personally would recommend getting a decent or great shape manual trans integra if you’re looking for power soley. I also have a pesky water leak that I cant seem to find. It caused my ecu to short and not turn my ac on at all. Water drips down onto the ecu harness into the passenger footwell. Thats fixed by getting some expanding foam and spraying it upwards where the harness comes in from the fender. Front seat issue is probably a srs(Bright Yellow Wire) Isnt connected somewhere.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts