Team Integra Forums banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
1,188 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
hey i was wondering if anybody has done this or if its even possible i was wondering if you could powdercoat the coilovers/springs to a diffrent color i/e make red coils blue for example and if it is possible how much it would cost to have done at a shop if you can guess for me.

·
Registered
1,188 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
anyone please

·
Registered
780 Posts
bumping is a good way to get your thread locked...

With that said, I'm am sure it can be done, especially on coilovers, well the strut portion anyways. I do not know how flexible the paint they use to powder coat is so I am not sure about painting the springs.

·
Registered
11,935 Posts
I was under the impression that most springs are powder coated????

·
Registered
698 Posts
You'd have to coat them in colored rubber or urethane to get the durability you're looking for, not paint. But, to answer your original question, you CAN powdercoat them.

·
Registered
936 Posts
sure, you can if you plan on using them for a paper weight. no way will that finish stay after the spring is compressed once. springs are normally coated in a durable rubber based finish. and i think its going a bit far (ricey, maybe?) by trying to color-match your springs or whatever you are trying to do.

·
Registered
431 Posts
jojo on Apr/23/04 said:
I was under the impression that most springs are powder coated????
yes, i know for sure with my prokits.

·
Registered
1,188 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
intergrascoot on Apr/23/04 said:
sure, you can if you plan on using them for a paper weight. no way will that finish stay after the spring is compressed once. springs are normally coated in a durable rubber based finish. and i think its going a bit far (ricey, maybe?) by trying to color-match your springs or whatever you are trying to do.
alright i know it seems like its ricey but im not exactly trying to match but im trying to not mismatch see everything on my car is eather blue or black or silver. so red doesnt exactly fit but most of the coils i like/ can afford are red thats all im asking.

·
Registered
1,188 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
oh and by the way thanks for the info i forgot to saythat i have no manners i suck.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts