Team Integra Forums banner
1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
1,224 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
O.k. This isnt a "should I buy this car thread" however I am thinking about it. I could look in kelly blue book and other resources but I dont think those methods would be a reliable source.
Here is what I have come across. I have crossed paths with this guy that owns a white 92 gsr. I dont know the condition of the body and interior but I do know the motor needs extensive work, I was told that it has already been taken apart and while the parts that need to be replaced was being told to me and there was a bunch. All I can remember is spun bearing, connecting rod and piston.
After hearing all of this, I was told he wanted $2500 for it.
Im not too keen on real values of a DA, especially a gsr that has been taken apart.Hell I sold my LS DA for $500 and the body was straight. But there were too many problems to list.
I was thinking about lowballing the heck out of it, but I need opinions.
I am just curious, if any of you were in my situation what would you do?

·
Premium Member
1996 LS Manual Hatchback
2,509 Posts
2500 = you'd be dumb to buy it in that kinda condition. lowball the hell out of it and make a project of it if you really have the money, space, and time to invest, if not, tell him it's not worth it and forget it.

·
Registered
1,160 Posts
dude that's pathetic i wouldn't even buy it for $500. If you really really want it i would go check it out and see what all is done to the interior and exterior and see if it's good. then i would offer him like $700 max. and see what he says and if he's firm about 2500 i would tell him it's not worth it, walk away and forget about it.

·
Registered
1,899 Posts
The shell-which it is a shell if the engine is taken apart..and nor running- is not worth 2500 for a 92, you can buy a 95+ shell for that much. If you are still looking to buy it, c=make sure it hasn't been in accidents.

·
Registered
1,224 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
WOW good responses. I was only told about this and it sparked my interest so now I know what I need to do. I suppose it wouldnt hurt If I went and looked at it and see if i really want to take on a project.

·
Registered
2,268 Posts
Stop....put down the wallet and back away slooowwly....

Maybe for under $1000, but definitely no more.

·
Registered
2,268 Posts
B20KidDA9 on Sep/20/07 said:
it is a 92 gsr... RARE!!! take a look at it.. see what u think.
Initially, I would agree. But who knows what kind of condition that motor is in, especially considering that someone started a rebuild but didn't finish. But I do agree that he should definitely take a look at it, $2500 just seems really high for the description the OP gave.

·
Registered
1,224 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
integrajerzey on Sep/20/07 said:
$2500 and it has all those problems? Might as well bend over now.

My boy picked up a 93 with about 110k original miles and it was in really good condition for $3k.
If I was handing out prizes for the best comment, yours surely would have won.

I should be talking to the friend of the guy that owns the car and see when we can arrange to meet and look at it. If its just the motor that just needs a whole new bottom end, then I am going to offer no more than $500, sure its a bottom line price but for a project it seems fair.

Thanks for colorful and informative comments. I was entertained and learned something new.

·
Registered
455 Posts
Need more information for sure, but I absolutely would not pay more than $500 for something like that. It all really depends on how much you have to spend and what you wanna do with it.

1 - 15 of 15 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.