Team Integra Forums banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
9,198 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Okay...I was disappointed tonight when browsing some threads on here, namely ones where everyone jumped a member for a question he had. The question was not bad or covered a thousand times.

The point is simple, if you're not a part of the solution...you're a part of the problem. This board has always been top notch when it comes to information. Let's keep it that way.

The membership is growing still, and it's already huge. So, it requires effort from every member on here, not just the admin/moderators.

IN SHORT...

Think before you post.

·
Registered
698 Posts
I agree wholeheartedly. Even IF a topic has been covered, I at least try to offer help and THEN politely point out that it's been covered before, try to get people to "think before they post". There's no need for any disrespect.

·
Registered
2,391 Posts
As a newer member I appreciate the patiance the mods and older members have...sometimes I miss things when I'm searching and am very gracious when it is politly pointed out as opposed to a bombardment of harrasing posts. TI is a great site for learning and would hate to see a few people ruin it for everyone.

·
Registered
4,058 Posts
yeah i agree completely, theres never a reason to be a dick.

but one thing im getting annoyed of, is suspension posts. ive seen like 20 in the last week. "what do you think of this"

·
Registered
318 Posts
i totally agree....i have seen some people jump on newbies becuase they are askin a question that has been covered...and its not like they are telling them to search nicely....its done with smartass comments.....i noticed that today...and i totally agree with u cheezthis

·
Registered
4,804 Posts
My policy usually is:
I open a second window and do the search, I post the links, then I open yahoo and do a search, I post outside links if the information is better.

Having been around since.. well a while, I have seen a lot of "good threads" and know they are lurking waaaay in the bottom of the page lists. sometimes you need to search by forum body to get the results you desire.

Also, look at the forum guidelines, all of those "what should I buy" threads are just junk and get treated as such.

·
Registered
173 Posts
yea it gets annoying... I always try to help whenever I can. But if I don't know the answer I move on and leave it to someone else who knows instead of making a new member feel dumb. I think it's gay how all the other boards refer to new users as (newbi) I've noticed if you had the word (newbi) people like to dog on you. It's now like that here on TI. People just gotta remember how they were when they first were introduced to forums...

·
Registered
698 Posts
LOL, yeah, when I signed up, I knew jack about ANYTHING. I owe most of my knowledge about automobiles to TI.

·
Registered
874 Posts
Thank you for this post, I didn't feel that it was my place to say any of that because I'm not a moderator, let alone been a member for much over a month...however you summed up how I've been feeling recently.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts