Team Integra Forums banner

1 - 20 of 58 Posts

·
Registered
833 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
WEll this for me is a hard decision I love my teg but insurance is a kilelr around her in teh valley,my insurance is over 200 a month and teh insurance comp,say its going to raise,so im thinking about selling my teg and getting a 98 Z28 camaro,Ive been finding them cheap around here too,Im not sure what I want to do?The camaro comes with 310hp stock and well my ls isnt cutting it and my parnest wont let me sell my car to get anotehr integra like a gsr,and I dont want to put alot of $$ into my ls to make it faster,what do u think I should do?

·
Registered
833 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
it might be close but not as much as my teg I believe

·
Registered
5,536 Posts
how is that possible? the s/s has double the cylinders and more speed and power - and its less than a teg's insurance?!

·
Super Moderator
25,239 Posts
Teg has a higher tech engine (a looooooooooot higher...the days of pushrod engines are numbered)....at least thats why my insurance told me...

·
Registered
833 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
and right now its teh number one stolen car in america, my insurance told me red, black and silver are liek teh msot wnated colors and I have silver.and I woudl get a s/s I woudl get a Z28

·
Super Moderator
14,177 Posts
SilverNick711 on Sep/11/02 said:
and right now its teh number one stolen car in america, my insurance told me red, black and silver are liek teh msot wnated colors and I have silver.and I woudl get a s/s I woudl get a Z28
yep, ever since that list came out the rates have been in jepordy of going up on us.

·
Registered
833 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
My friends has a silver gsr and his is even higher,Im glad im not him and if u have v-tech its a extra $30 bucks I guess thats what they told one of my friends,but our insurance comp said it will go up agian soon!Bad news for teg owners,Another reason i might sell my car is its too small for my dad since hes big and my mom cant drive stick,and we all work so we all need a car,and perhaps if one of our cars broke down we would need to use another....get my point?

·
Registered
833 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Plus the camaros run 13's stock and they beat alot of imports..

·
Registered
833 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
any help on this one????please?

·
Registered
2,116 Posts
get what you want, why ask us if you have to get rid of it? I don't value the reliability of domestics, but if it is what you want and you think it runs well and will for a while, then get it.

·
Registered
833 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
Im not going to change my mind depending on what you guys say im just asking for your opinion,cuz moneyis and issue sort of since im in high school

·
Super Moderator
25,239 Posts
SilverNick711 on Sep/11/02 said:
Im not going to change my mind depending on what you guys say im just asking for your opinion,cuz moneyis and issue sort of since im in high school
Wait wait wait, you're not going to change your mind based on what we're saying? THEN WHY POST?!?!?!?

·
Registered
833 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
I want your opinion on this,I havent made my mind up yet on this so your opinions will help.

·
Super Moderator
25,239 Posts
But you just sai.....oh nevermind...I wouldn't go with a domestic pushrod engine. Like I said, their days are numbered, that is old technology IMO.

Plus they suck for reliability, but if you want one, go for it...

·
Registered
3,953 Posts
Our insurance is high cause jackasses steal cars and gut them. Were ranked high in the top 5, last time I checked. Add this to w**kers wrapping them around trees every day thiking they drive for Team Jordan and it appears to be a high liability vehical.

Z28 insurance is going to own you, if you're under 25 and have a ball sack.

PS: I don't want to fuel a fire for a push rod debate, but it's not that bad of a system. They aren't prone to any more downfall than any other engine design, besides rotary. Take the blinders off your scope, as ignorance gleems with this kind of statment.

·
Registered
833 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
But my teg is under my name only and if I got a camaro it would be under my moms cuz she would be a part time driver.we were number one on the most stolen list , last time I heard from our insurance agent.

·
Registered
833 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
yeah v-techs are good phones I have some in my house ,but I wish I had vtech in my car!

1 - 20 of 58 Posts