Team Integra Forums banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Ok, well right now I have a 1993 RX7 R1, someone wants to trade me a 1998 GSR and throw in another $4000 in the deal for my car. With this money I'll have near $7000 extra cash to spend. Is it practical to convert a GSR to a Type R? Is it even possible (Engine/Transmission wise most importantly, the suspension doesn't really matter)?

Sorry I'm new to Integras, I know some but not enough, if someone could enlighten me, that'd be great.

Thanks,

John

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
What should I type in the search field? I tried multiple things came up with no useful information. Reason I don't want to buy the real thing is because this is a good deal. And why can it never be a Type R? Are you technically speaking title wise?

·
Registered
2,223 Posts
you could make it look like a type r, make it handle better than a stock type r, and make it faster than a stock type r. but why? with the 7k you get to spend just spend 4k on going fast and the other 3k on better handling/braking.

·
Registered
4,058 Posts
NoNE OF YOU READ HIS QUESTIoN

he said he doesnt care that much about suspension, just engine/transmission.

i will now answer HIS question.

Yes you can do exactly what you want to do. Buy a Type R engine and a Type R transmission and they will fit into the GSR. you will just need all the little things to go with, it wont cost you and incredible amount (considering you can resell the GSR engine/tranny as a full swap) and you will have money left over for a suspension set up if you so wish.

·
Registered
529 Posts
buy why do all that extra work when you can just buy a typeR, i mean you can trade your car for the 98 GSR+cash, turnaround sell the GSR for 10k+(depending on the mileage) and have plenty of money left over to get a *real* type R, or you can just buy a B18C5 and tranny, throw it in, and be happy, but it will never be type R, it will be a GSR with a swap.

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
Ok, and IF I were to do Engine/Tranny/Suspension Type R conversion, what would I be missing from a Type R (other than the badges, appearance crap, and title)?

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
It has 88K miles with some mods, CAI, SRI, shocks, not sure what else. But KBB valued it at around $9000, but I was thinking that as well trix, I would do this trade, sell the car for $10K, then just buy a Type R afterward. But could I really sell it for $10K? That's the question...

·
Registered
4,058 Posts
because everyone in this post is ignorant and just saying stuff just to look smart, i will point you here

ARTICLES

scroll to like the third topic TYPE R and read those 4 or 5 articles, that will tell you all about the type R. its much more than just an engine different from the other integras, its a whole different car.

·
Registered
3,205 Posts
Type R Articles

The chassis of the Type R itself is thicker than any other Integra.

You can put in a Type R engine, tranny, suspension, brakes, full interior, front lip, rear wing, convert to 5 lug and find Type R wheels, and all the little goodies like stickers, badges, paint it a Type R color, and who knows what else.

It's going to cost you a lot of money, take a lot of time, and at the end of it will you have a 'real' Type R? No. Does that really matter? It's up to you I guess. If you do it right nobody will be able to tell it isn't a 'real' R without checking the VIN...but whatever floats your boat.

1 - 17 of 17 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.