Team Integra Forums banner

1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Registered
163 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
i was wondering if it is possible to be able to SC my 94 gsr and also tirbo charge it?? if not which one is best to put in car

·
Registered
618 Posts
anything is possible if u got the money. But it all depends on the milage on your car. If your car is high in milage it might be a little unpractical to turbo your car. SUperchargers are less strain on your ride. But then again, it also dpends on how your car was maintained. If it was beat up on then even a supercharger might be unpractical. It all depends on your milage and how your car is maintained.

·
Registered
163 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
i mean is it possible to have both sc and turbo in a car.. i know "what the hell for" but then iagain i was just curious and was wondering
i have 110000 miles on the body. on engine i dunno cause i bought car salvage and the engine was replace so i have no idea how many miles on it

·
Registered
6,059 Posts
If I had lots of money and I read this post I think I would do it lol. It would be the most ridiculously original/out there thing you could have on a teg, and would definetly set you apart. Lol, just imagine, you could have as big a turbo as you want without ever worrying about spool or turbo lag, you'd have boost o plenty from 1000-10000 rpm! Of course this is all hypothetical, since you would have to have muchos dinero, enough so you could afford it, and enough so you wouldnt care if the car blew up under the pressure.

·
Registered
392 Posts
yes it is possible but very bad for the engine. if u want a lot of power go with turbo if u want less maintenance and extra power go with sc.

·
Super Moderator
25,239 Posts
haha, modat, that was funny....It would be wicked, but pretty unpractical from a finance standpoint. There are lots of threads about both supercharging and turbocharging our tegs, look them up, they are pretty good.

There is also articles on turbo and supercharging, the link is to your left, enjoy.....let us know what you decide on.

·
Registered
246 Posts
yeah the biggest problem is bypassing the blower when the turbo spools....it can be done but unless you are a millionare don't bother....and in all honesty the SC/turbo ITR made only 427whp with boost from 1000 to redline...that is not that great, plus they had to use the HKS standalone to tune the duty cycle on the injectors which is a pain in the arse....ohhh the 427 was more track boost streetable levels it was like 367 or so I think

·
Registered
3,882 Posts
oh darn, only 367 streetable horsepower... and zero turbo lag... i don't see why you'd hafta bypass the SC when the turbo spools... just don't run the turbo as high, b/c the SC will still stack even the compressed air... so make sure the turbo's wastegate is set where the boost gets to where you want it including the SC's boost.
target boost=turbo wastegate-SC
i wish somebody other than a car wax manufacturer would try it, minus the costs of maintaining it, it sounds like the win-win between SC's and turbos.

·
Registered
2,510 Posts
hum... it is not possible. wastgate/roots super does not mix... and it doesn't give you more power. compressed air is compressed air. cen super/turbo is possible.. but why... guys.. understand this. turbo is a type of supercharger driven by exhaust.. turbo is the same as cen super.. so why would you do both? twin turbo would make sense just to get rid of turbo lag. what is the point of this thread again?

·
Registered
157 Posts
Why not go with two small turbos instead? You'd get the boost much faster than with a big single, and combined, flow as much or more air. Then you'd only have the problem of trying to fit it in the engine bay.

·
Registered
256 Posts
on an in line 4, or any in-line engine for that matter, it can't be done.Twin turbo charging is for engines with seperate banks of cylinders, like V-6's, etc.

HKS made a "SC with a turbo" kit for MR2's a while back.They called it a "Twin-Charger" and it was a pretty successful kit.

·
Registered
2,116 Posts
is an inline six anything like an inline four? i am not too learned on this subject, but the skyline and porsches are inline sixes and they have twin turbo, so why couldn't we? Please correct me if I am wrong.

·
Registered
3,882 Posts
no, twin turbos has nothing to do with the engine and cylinder banking... twin turbo means you have one small, quick-spool turbo to give you power while you're waiting for the big nasty slow-spooling turbo to really kick up the heat.

·
Registered
256 Posts
tim on Aug/18/02 said:
is an inline six anything like an inline four? i am not too learned on this subject, but the skyline and porsches are inline sixes and they have twin turbo, so why couldn't we? Please correct me if I am wrong.
What I meant was a turbo for each exhaust manifold.Integ's only have one exhaust manifold, therefore twin turbocharging wouldn't be possible, or at least very smart.

1 - 19 of 19 Posts