Team Integra Forums banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
2,590 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Ok, first i'll start with the basics. I have a 95 LS 2 door, meaning my seats fold down obviously. Now, on the back of the rear passenger seat is my sony amp for my components. on the back of the drivers side rear seat, i have my Fosgate400S Punch amp..that is powering my sub. This all might be useless info, but im including it anyway in order to give a better idea of my setup.
Now, my sub is a Kicker Solo-Baric L5 10". I had the box custom built, meaning its a rectangle that fits perfectly in my trunk, not custom like..contured fiberglass or anything. And the way the box was built, the sub is on the FAR left side of the rectangle and the port on the other side.
My question is...should i face this box, with the sub towards the taillights, or should i face it forward, so you can see the sub when the seats are folded down.
And also...what would be the benefit, of facing it each way..or does it even matter whatsoever? If i left any needed details out let me know, and i'll update. thanks for any input.

·
Registered
91 Posts
Ok if you want the music to be heard louder outside then face it towards the back and the tails. But if you don't want it loud outside but inside, so only those inside can hear the magnitude but not show off to the outside world then face the speaker forward. That's the basic difference.

·
Registered
997 Posts
this kid i met faced it towards the seats....and with the seats up it sounded amazing.but with them down not that great.

·
Registered
111 Posts
Do you have any pics of the L5's box and where it is positioned? I wanted to put in a L5 or and L7 but not sure where. Thanks

·
Registered
1,045 Posts
yeah facin the sub outwards toward the tail will make the bass loud outside but still pretty loud on the inside, if you do it the opposite, facing inward, the bass will be going into your seats and the seats will absorb the sound and it won't be loud as facing outward unless the seats are folded down.

·
Registered
29 Posts
if u point the box toward the tailights it will sound better and if you piont it to the inside of the car it will rattle more unless u have lik a dyno mat or somtin along the lines

1 - 6 of 6 Posts