Team Integra Forums banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
286 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I am looking at the following product. I know it metions it is ok to use with stock retainers, however the seat pressure appears to be considerably higher than stock. Could this cause future problems?

I am planning on using stock brand new type r retainers from honda. So that will the be retainer, and the head is a gsr with stock gsr cams, valve guides, rocker arms, etc. If that is helpful to anyone out there.

Portflow dual racing spring $195.00

·
Registered
31,217 Posts
I recommend stock retainers for most street/strip setups. I'm using stock retainers with springs that have higher seat pressures than those. Unless you want to get pounded flat ti retainers by 20k miles, I suggest you stick to stock retainers. The gain from ti retainers (which we stated in that linked thread) is "not worth it".

the only thing that I found that can extend the life of a retainer is the combination of PVD coating them (which adds back on the weight) and changing your spring installed height which brings machine work costs into the pic. If you are racing or plan to keep the motor then this may be worth the extra cost to do but for most people with a daily driver, it's better just to avoid the ti retainers.

·
Registered
286 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Alright that is very helpful thank you. However, I do have one last question. I believe I am going to go with stock Type-R Retainers, Seats, and Valvesprings (inner and outter), but can I temporarily run the gsr cams on that? Or will I need to immedietly (which was my future plan of) putting either a intake cam or both exhaust and intake cams from a Type R?

·
Registered
31,217 Posts
dohclsvtec on Feb/27/04 said:
hmm...interesting. Could I save myself some money by getting just the ITR intake cam and getting the ITR valves, minus the ITR exhaust cam?
whatever...do what you want..that's already been covered a million and a half times here. you'll find it in the search. I think we're done here with the retainer and high seat pressure bit though, right? time to move things along. thanks for your question.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.