Team Integra Forums banner

21 - 40 of 41 Posts

·
Registered
3,973 Posts
Discussion Starter #21
17x8 4x100 are not easy to find cheap on craigslist's (and offsets that are not 20 - 0)

17x8 5x114.3 are easy to find for around $300-400 on craiglist's

Just pick up my 3rd set now for the racecar, and still under $1000 in wheels

As I have said before the for braking power the 4lug way is cheaper.

When I was looking for wheels I did the math it was going to be around $2500 for 4 sets of wheels, since I could not find any used ones cheap. There were a few for $1k a set.

For 5 lug and wheels I am at around $1300 now, 3 set. Last nigh I just pick up some stock wheels with tires for $50 for trailering wheels. I just need one more set and I will be happy.

When we race we travel with 1set of rains, 2sets of dries and the trailing tire on the car. The 4th set is nice to have for if we find a problem with any of the wheels.

This is not a street car so my thinking is different than a lot of people.

·
Registered
3,973 Posts
Discussion Starter #22
wow everyone killed me

·
Registered
872 Posts
Would you be able to use the too remove the wheel bearing as well?
No I don't think you would. I am guessing you could use the socket trick on that. What I mean is knock it out with a slightly smaller socket. Really I bet the press is the best way to go.

·
Registered
3,973 Posts
Discussion Starter #27
yes, shopping around before buy anything is the best for any project

·
Registered
3,973 Posts
Discussion Starter #28
make sure the bolts and the clip around the cable are removed

other than that it is just wiggle wiggle wiggle and it will come

·
Registered
3,973 Posts
Discussion Starter #31
Yes it is complete but I only have a 100 track miles on it, had some issue with the car, and like everything else it is only taking a year to get a harness made correctly for the car.

Will make a write up once I have around 1000miles on them.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Great thread, always wanted the 5 lug for wheel selection and this is the most affordable way imo plus I don't mind keeping stock axles. Please let me know how everything worked out, pretty much plug and play right?

Is it necessary to upgrade to itr calipers or is it possible to keep stock calipers?

·
Registered
3,973 Posts
Discussion Starter #34
I would have no clue on front brake since I have Wilwood in the front, the spacing I believe is different.

Sent from AutoGuide.com Free App

·
Registered
3 Posts
This is a lot of BS to add 1 Lug.

All I want to know is the Precise Year and Make to do 5 lug. If needed Ill buy ITR Spindles and Trailing arms to get the New Honda Wheel Packages that I want. Only reason for 5 Lug.

CRV Front Spindles, and Prelude Trailing arms will work ( YES OR NO ), whats the Years Needed?

DRUM to DISC BRAKE CONVERSION - 4 Lug
EG style CIVIC / Use 94-01 Integra Rear Trailing for DISC Brake Conversion if in a 2D you need 2D E Brake Cable. If in a Eg8 Sedan you need a E-Brake Cable from a 4 Dr TEG.

Crx I believe you can use 94-01 Teg trailing also but to be safe use the 90-93 Integra Rear Disc for sure. Lower Control Arms for the CRX and EG Style Civic are the same Length so if on ebay and they dont have your color search Teg and Civic LCA's.

EK Civic the Teg Rear Disc will work also but you needed EK Trailing Arms since Teg trailing arms are shorter in length. E Brake Cable I havent had the chance to Fit Test to give a answer. I would assume 4dr cables for 4dr and 2dr cables for 2 dr and hatch.

·
Registered
3,973 Posts
Discussion Starter #36

·
Registered
203 Posts
I'm about to purchase everything to convert the rear. The Prelude hubs (NT512144), the Mazda Spindle nut (103-0519) and a pair of used RSX rear calipers. Everything should be bolt on am I right?

·
Registered
8 Posts
just did this swap. the 97 prelude axles didnt work there was no room for them to move side to side. i had to use 97 odyssey axles and swapped the passenger side inner axle hub with the gsr axle.

·
Registered
3,522 Posts
This is an old thread, but just wanted to bring something to the table. Initially this was done to make a wider option pool for the OP's track application.

So keeping that same purpose the center of focus..
Over the past year or two, 949 Racing has introduced some good wheel sizes (this is "carry over" info I found over in Miata world). But 15 X 7, X 8, X 9, and even X 10, in a numerous variety of offsets are available in the 4 x 100 lug pattern 6UL wheel. I can't fathom why you need wider than a 10 inch wheel as well. 15" diameter keeps these wheels very light as well.

21 - 40 of 41 Posts