Team Integra Forums banner
1 - 20 of 22 Posts

·
Registered
527 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey all, its about tim for my teg to get replacements for my rear trailing arms and I have been browsing from various sites..i was about to but a pair off ebay that are made of polyurethane but I read a notice in another auction for OEM replacements that OEM bushings dont make a "nasty" noise tha polyurethane bushings produce. Anyone have any experience with this?

·
Registered
2,975 Posts
honestly, if i were changing my bushings, i wouldn't opt to put crappy oem rubber back in.

the ES ones wont squeak if u lube em up real good prior to installing them

·
Registered
527 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Well I was pretty set on the polyurethane ones...just didnt know whether to believe that "crappy noise" statement they said in this link..

Link

"So if Your Trailing arm bushings are worn-out
Or If you're sick of the Noise of the Polyurethane Replacements"

·
Registered
814 Posts
My Poly rear LCA bushings were noisy, then I lubed them up and haven't heard from them since.

My trailing arm bushings are completely shot too, need to replace them.

Are they easy to do? They look like they just pop out with some convincing.

·
Registered
439 Posts
i dont know about them.. i bought all the suspension bushings from ES and after installing the front shock mounts, i read and seen pictures on honda-tech about how ****ty they are. the rear trailing arm bushings would bind up and come out. and the other ones were all torn up..

i sent all mine back today for a full refund.

·
Registered
11,935 Posts
Do not use poly in your front control arm. The rears will be good for a long time with proper lube.

·
Registered
442 Posts
I've never heard of anything like that personally

But i have the full ES setup in my car right now and the ride is totally different.

I can tell the difference because i'm running on Stock GSR suspension still.

It does squeak after it rains tho but it isn't that bad... OEM rubber = crap

·
Registered
1,870 Posts
If not lubed correctly polyurethane anything can squeak like no tomorrow. Just ask the people on here who use them in camber kits for example. Oh wait I'm one of them and mine weren't lubed correctly. You do get used to it after a while and some days aren't as bad as others.

·
Registered
527 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
Alright guys i need em bad so imma buy them since most of you say its ok.

I will update this thread when I have them installed to inform you of any performance benefits or issues. Thanks again!

·
Registered
2,975 Posts
jojo on Oct/10/07 said:
Do not use poly in your front control arm. The rears will be good for a long time with proper lube.
y is that? regarding the front...

·
Registered
1,174 Posts
Well I will be honest alot of shops around here will tell you to go oem with the bushings because #1. They can be a bit more of a pain in your ass to install. #2. you still get squeeking eventually. #3. your going to feel alot of bumps and shaking in the steering responce from the road so if it's a daily driver ither do it or dont. when I did the rear trailing arms on my 00 I went oem again and they still feel just fine . But then again I also drive a 4dr.

·
Premium Member
1996 LS Manual Hatchback
2,509 Posts
i opted for oem rubbers, but I know for a fact that poly ones would've been a bit better if properly lubed. it was my dad paying for parts and helping with labor though, so what can i say, not like i'm auto-xing with it...yet
when that time comes we'll see wat happens

BTW ^^ agreed after a while they still squeak but who cares lol feels great and tighter to me than my busted old torn ones

·
Registered
442 Posts
Blazinqwickly on Oct/10/07 said:
Well I will be honest alot of shops around here will tell you to go oem with the bushings because #1. They can be a bit more of a pain in your ass to install. #2. you still get squeeking eventually. #3. your going to feel alot of bumps and shaking in the steering responce from the road so if it's a daily driver ither do it or dont. when I did the rear trailing arms on my 00 I went oem again and they still feel just fine . But then again I also drive a 4dr.
I've got the whole ES kit and installed the rear trailing arm bushings at the same time.

The ride is more a LITTLE harder but not that much.
You can really see the difference than rubber.. it doesn't have memory.
Kinda like floating, better response too

I'm on stock GSR Shock/Spring still but i would recommend them regardless.

BTW: keep posted of the install

·
Registered
11,935 Posts
jameelrose on Oct/10/07 said:
Quote: jojo on Oct/10/07Do not use poly in your front control arm. The rears will be good for a long time with proper lube.

y is that? regarding the front...

For some reason the front crushes poly bushings. I was replacing them about every 1.5 years. They were also responsible for a set of tires I had wear out 10x faster than they should have.
Specially the front most inner bushing.

1 - 20 of 22 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.