Team Integra Forums banner

1 - 20 of 29 Posts

·
Registered
1,045 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
well seeing that most if not all t-i members read the forums and see all the useful info given out by almost every member. i was just sitting here and thinking how do all of these members know so much about their cars and other cars in general? i'm thinking many of you may have takin auto shop. many may work for a auto shop and study their stuff. others may have just picked the knowledge up on their own.or even some have attended MIT so here is my question, how did you learn so much.

·
Registered
1,335 Posts
Grandfather, and I worked at a dealer and knew a lot of service guys, they teach ya a lot,you just have to ask a lot of questions.I know about imports also from here and being around them.

·
Registered
304 Posts
Ehh i think most members learned from just being interested and being around cars so much. Then their is MD, im not sure, but i think he might possibly be God, so he knows all.

·
Registered
1,392 Posts
I'm just getting started and knowing stuff about my car. I know basics but going to get deeper into it soon. I'm at ASU right now so going to take a side class or double major and learn more about the car. Also a club here that actually builds a Formula 1 car so I'm going to be a part of that. Other then that, I just pick up information here and there.

·
Registered
6,352 Posts
the articles baby.

·
Registered
5,381 Posts
Learned about cars from being around them.
I'm learning about Integras and imports by being around here.

·
Registered
271 Posts
Gosh, w/ all the time that I've spent working on my own car, absorbing everything from the mechanics at the shops, hanging around other Teg'ers and doing a hell of a lot of reading, I still feel that there's a lot to learn, but I'm glad to have picked up as much as I have

·
Registered
126 Posts
been with cars since i was 3.....i knew how to change the oil before ride a bike...

·
Registered
101 Posts
Just learning... but what I do know, I got from the articles here!!!! And, well, maybe a little from Pops.

·
Registered
5,536 Posts
eh, i'm stupid...

i learned as i worked on my own car, read others problems and answers, read the articles, blah blah blah...eventually you just pick it up.

·
Registered
422 Posts
This is a really good thred.. I have learned from other Ti members articles and magazines

·
Registered
7,037 Posts
Reading service manual, asking lots of questions, TI,and basically getting out and doing. Im planning to take some kind of auto class sometime soon though.

·
Registered
3,185 Posts
dad didn't have a boy to teach all his car stuff to.. so i volunteered to hang out with dad.. learn the car's names and stuff.. how to do oil changes and check the tire pressure..

when i was 15 and had my AOL dating system thing going on.. so i hung out in the import chat rooms.. started going to car shows.. reading magazines.. dated car guys who would teach me about car stuff.. learning slowly about bolt ons and bodykits..

i stumbled upon my current bf in 1997.. bought him a b16a no tranny for my bf, scoured junkyards, pieced together his engine, payed for all the parts, did the swap.. together with him, i learned a ton.. and it just built on afterwards.. so many swaps my head spins.. i ask lots of questions.. and he has many experienced friends that i can ask different things to.. i probably know more about b16a's than any other engine.. hanging out at shops and with boys all night during swaps & installs is where i got my edu-macation..

its true.. experience is where u learn the most..

·
Registered
395 Posts
I learned most of the exterior installations, bolt ons, and some electrical things from working at a motorsports shop here in okc. My knowledge in auto security, ecu wiring, and engine transplants i got from a couple of friends who could pretty much prep and drop in an engine, rewire stuff in no longer then 3 hours. I'm still learning a lot of stuff as the day goes by. I've learned so many things from my experiences and from this site.

·
Registered
6,352 Posts
Sonic has a bf??

Lucky guy.....to have such a good lookin' lady that likes cars too.

1 - 20 of 29 Posts