Team Integra Forums banner
1 - 20 of 39 Posts

·
Registered
432 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
So I got pulled over the other day and was given a speeding ticket for doing 40mph in a 30mph zone which I think is a little harsh. This is the 4th time ive been pulled over in the last couple months and I think its simply because of the way my car looks. I was wondering if anybody could suggest a good police scanner for me. Its not that I drive around like a maniac but with my car and at my age cops look for an excuse to pull me over and give me bs tickets. Im just hoping with a scanner I can have a little heads up of whats coming. So can anybody suggest a good scanner for me?

·
Registered
432 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Funny thing is, I do drive pretty slow. After I got side swiped by some lady in her mustang I drive much slower. cops still "try and catch me ridin dirty" though haha

·
Registered
796 Posts
trying to get out cheap in life will only work for a while until it come's back to you ten fold. You admit that you broke the speed limit so you have to face the facts. I have been driving for 4 years in USA and i never got a ticket. **knock on wood i hope i never will**. Another factors is some people cant seem to control there driving. They always seem to be speeding or racign and what not. Are you one of them ? if so try to drive normal and do the speed limit from the time to time it will be a good plus your car will last longer
edit** just remember the spot were the cops chill and take it grandma style when you pass them . Don't drive to slow because then they will pull you over and most likely give you another ticket. Cops in us get paid to pull over people like us on a daily no matter if it is for speeding 1mph , 2 mph over the limit or tint or stock exhaust etc etc

·
Registered
888 Posts
Fight it... go to court and see if they have the printout... if they don't you should be off scott free... it's very easy to get around the judicial system usually....

As for a scanner... you mean radar detector... I thought you wanted an actual police SCANNER in your car (800mhz) lolz....

·
Registered
542 Posts
Some people just have no luck. I havent gotten pulled over in a year and i drive like a complete asshole. Cops never give me looks.

Valentine 1 are among the best radar detectors and the most expensive. Try a search

·
Registered
1,232 Posts
This is the radar i use on road trips. A consumer research group rate this as the best at the time and I spent $400+ over a year ago from bestbuy or costco as a gift for my GF to sit in here IS250 AWD.

I never believed they worked but now I am a big believer. It has saved me a multiple times.

It's a definately going on my xmas list.

<<<<<<Here it is>>>>>>>

**EDIT*** I just wanted to add that i'm a very respectable driver. I don't drive like an asshole and I don't piss or scare other cars around me. I don't speed thru residentials or anywhere pedestrians/kids/animals are around. It's the open highway or empty road that i feed the vtec.

·
Registered
34 Posts
Get the V1 because cops can't detect that scanner in your car. one of my buddies has one and we pass cops all the time and they are illegal in VA. Cops can't detect the V1.

·
Registered
57 Posts
Ditto on the Valentine 1.... Have had mines for two years now, been ticket free since i've had it. *knock on wood*
Just be ready to shell out about $500 for it...
valentine 1 site
Word of adivce though, keep your scanner/radar out of the sun, extreme heat is not good for it. -read it online somewhere- i forgot.

·
Registered
19 Posts
Haha, I'm a cop.. Well use to be now a detective.. I remember pulling people over for scanners in there car because it blocked our ability to look at your speed. The best advice to everyone when pulled over is smile and admit your offense and be polite. I always gave people tickets who were jackasses to me, but always let people go who were considerate. By the way, just cuz I'm a cop doesnt mean I don't get tickets
I have like 6 speeding tickets under my belt :).

·
Registered
6,638 Posts
JeremyXXX on Oct/10/07 said:
So I got pulled over the other day and was given a speeding ticket for doing 40mph in a 30mph zone which I think is a little harsh.

So driving 10 mph OVER the posted speed limit is a bs reason to pull someone over huh?

Quote: JeremyXXX on Oct/10/07 This is the 4th time ive been pulled over in the last couple months and I think its simply because of the way my car looks.

Actually, its probably because your driving like a jack ass, 4 times in a couple months? I get pulled over more frequently than most, but certinitly not that often, perhaps its something you are doing? how you are acting maybe?

Quote: JeremyXXX on Oct/10/07 I was wondering if anybody could suggest a good police scanner for me.

What good is a police scanner? do you know how one works? its not like police officers drive around shouting out their location for all to know. If you hear the description of your vehicle on a police scanner, chances are your already getting pulled over.

Quote: Its not that I drive around like a maniac but with my car and at my age cops look for an excuse to pull me over and give me bs tickets.

as much as some people in the import community wish to believe this, its flat out not true. Riding around at 4K with a straight through exhaust will get anyones attention, especially law enforcement.

Driving around with loud music will get you attention, and having a 4 foot wing on the back of your car will draw attention. If you didnt want any attention, keep your car stock. That is why we mod our cars isnt it? for attention?

Quote: Im just hoping with a scanner I can have a little heads up of whats coming. So can anybody suggest a good scanner for me?

A scanner wont give you much heads up. Get a good radar detector (notice I didnt say police detector, if you still drive like a jack ass an officer with his radar unit off will still see you)

Maybe a CB radio to hear speed trap locations on the freeway. A Scanner might help a little on free ways and such, but chances are, it wont do crap for around town. With tickets like 40 in a residential (or atleast 30 mph) area, a scanner will not help you any.

·
Administrator
43,019 Posts
JeremyXXX on Oct/10/07 said:
doing 40mph in a 30mph zone which I think is a little harsh
You have to look at it in terms of percentages.... in this case, you were doing 33% over the posted speed limit, that's quite a bit looking at it that way

·
Registered
432 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
tsugsr AND morningZ both posting replies.....
i kind of feel special now haha

your right in that way that it is 10mph over. i just hate how two cars in front of me were going just as fast if not faster but because im young and they saw my car they decided to get me for it.

·
Registered
432 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
The last four times ive been pulled over I havent gotten a single ticket because I never did anything wrong, they just say its a routine stop. Plus the fact that im joining the Marines also helps me. I drive like any other normal person though, I dont speed or anything and I dont blast my music to draw attention to myself. They just seem to like to pull me over.

·
Registered
1,160 Posts
[/QUOTE]
Driving around with loud music will get you attention, and having a 4 foot wing on the back of your car will draw attention. If you didnt want any attention, keep your car stock. That is why we mod our cars isnt it? for attention?
[/QUOTE]

No

·
Registered
363 Posts
i cant believe no one posted this yet....it was the first thing i thought of...lol

"Iýve got a 187 in Glendale, cops are all over it man. Weýre good to roll I repeat good to roll. Letýs race!"

I couldnt find a pic.

Anyway back on topic...just dont speed. Plain and simple, "the faster you get there the more you're gonna have to wait when you get there."

1 - 20 of 39 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.