Team Integra Forums banner
1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
597 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
So i went to change out the old plugs and cylinder 3's plug wire left its rubber thing still in the head.

the top one is the one taht lost its grabby thing and I cant find a way to pull it back out. Advice?

·
Premium Member
5,714 Posts
Time for some new wires it looks like to.

·
Registered
3,936 Posts
yeah i would probably try the screwdriver trick but if it ripped off the actual plug, it might be in there pretty tight. I dont think ive seen needle nose plyers that skinny and long to fit in there but i havent searched for many needle nose plyers.

·
Registered
593 Posts
needle nose pliers will work.....speaking from experience

·
Registered
25 Posts
dvsintegra03 on Oct/09/07 said:
same thing happened to me on my old da, i just used a screw driver and slid it up along the inside wall just enough so i could grab it with something.
same thing happened to, I even had the plug break on me completely leaving the metal and wire stuck on there...wire hanger, flat head, and patients is key..and a few curse words lol

·
Registered
121 Posts
another option is use a "J" hook. When you buy a set of (usually) four picks, they are usually straight, bent 90 degrees "Z" shape, and a "J" hook.

I'm guessing you can probably hook it pretty good and yank it out that way.

·
Registered
300 Posts
the valve cover gaskets are rubber you shouldn't need a new one unless yours is brittle and if the screw driver and hanger dont work you can find the pliers around i have a set i had to try and get something out too.

·
Registered
597 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
fk94integra on Oct/09/07 said:
yea screw driver should do it... worst that could happen is you have to take off the valve cover to get it (in which cause, make sure to put on a new valve cover gasket)

yeah, ive had the same one forever, ill take it off when im going the valve adjustments monthly and I will just plop it into a bucket of rubber treatment for an hour or two and clean it up.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.