Team Integra Forums banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey I have a 1993 Acura integra ls that I think is having like bad ground issues. I checked all the fuses and they seem to be fine none of them are blown. My tail lights wont work while I am driving but when i hit the brake they work. I kept thinking i had brake light switch issues but my cousin seems to think there is a bad ground in my car somewhere. My radio also wont work and is going into protection mode and my speedometer light stopped working too :(. I dont know how to go about doing this, I am really starting to think I may have to bite the bullet and bring it to a shop which I know could be very pricey. Can anyone throw in some advice or know anything that can help me possibly with this situation? I would appreciate it very much

·
Registered
39 Posts
Well to start get a good multimeter and go to your tail lights pull the bulb for parking light, 1156. Check at the terminals and see what the voltage is. Under 12v ground issue go back down the harness and find the grounding lugs. Remove the nut and use a small stiff wire brush and clean the rust corrosion off. Use lithium grease with an acid brush and use a thin application on the lug, nut and stud. And you should now read 12v. If the light still won't come on replace with a new bulb.
GLWR

1 - 2 of 2 Posts