Team Integra Forums banner

Playstation 2 hook up

3K views 30 replies 21 participants last post by  mercnet 
#1 ·
Ok, i am planning to put a ps2 in my 96 Integra SE and i am wondering what parts do i need to power my ps2? I can get a LCD screen for 90 bucks and i'm planning to mount it in the center of the dash on the passenger side? Had anyone done this b4 in their teg? If so, what steps did you take to accomplish your goal? and where did you mount it? Oh, and how do you wire the ps3 to your stereo? Thanks!

#4 ·
redteg on Aug/29/02 said:
I would suggest getting a deck with auxillary in. I did an install with the fm modulator and the sound was a little come and go. If you have a clean interface you will be happier
Yeah i have a panasonic CQ-DF602U deck and it has auxillary input. So i can just hook it up to that? what wires would you use? Sorry im just new to this ps2 hook up

#8 ·
PS2's are pretty stable in a car.... know lots of people with 'em

as for the RCA reply two above this.. direct RCA connection to an input on a radio is pretty rare

#10 ·
- inexpensive way to get DVD into the car....
- easy way to keep little ones occupied in the back seats (not everyone on this site is 18-22 years old ya know)
- pretty easy to add

#12 ·
Yea, I can understand having it there for long trips and that type of thing, but it seems to me it would make the car more likely to be broken into. Also, sometimes music is distracting enough, having a movie or video game on next to you seems like a wreck waiting to happen.

#15 ·
just use an inverter... becase a home, not-made-for-car piece like a PS2 typically needs a rock solid 12volts going to it..... and since a car is always providing between 12 and 14.4 volts typically in all varying forms and levels.... it'd be best to just have an inverter provide a nice steady stream of juice for it

#17 ·
If your head unit has an aux input it will either be RCA or minipin. Niether is really a problem as you can get a minipin adapter at any electronics store (Radioshack). If you don't want the bulk of the inverter im sure you can find schematics for a 12v regulator then directly hook it up to the PS2. This wil void the PS2 warantee though.

#19 ·
i am very interested in doing this. my friend is also interested in doing it. i dont think it is pointless since some of us spend most of our time in or around our cars. and it would be cool to have it hooked up to your system!

#25 ·
i have a ps2 behind the passenger seat hooked up to a power inverter and fm modulator, they all work well together and it sounds fine. I have a 7.2" LCD Monitor mounted in the center(more towards the passenger side) of the dash angeled to the driver with self adhesive velcro strips. looks nice and its an easy hookup, took me and my friends (risingsungsr) and (dan1901)Thanks Guys! from here on TI , about 2hrs to complete the whole installation, which included interior removal, ie. center console. and wiring and mounting the fm modulator and power inverter under the front dash. Its really great to have when ur friends are around and u want to have some fun. but yes its gotta be an attraction for someone to steal it, thats why im gettin 5% tint and alarm system. and doing the DIY hood release and fuel cut-off. but all and all its worth it.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.