Team Integra Forums banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I installed some boston acoustic 6.5 components and now when the bass hits i can hear the plastic lining in the door moving causing a kind of a snare drum sound. I also used foam baffles around the speakers so i dont see how the air is moving the lining. Has this happened to anyone else or any ideas?

·
Registered
1,301 Posts
ya, but it was because of my own stupidity, to block the water from the windows of hitting my speakers i put thick plastic paper stuff around my speakers now everytime the bass hits they rattle lol, i guess i will have to find something else to protect the speakers from water damage

·
Registered
4,133 Posts
is this plastic lining really needed? can we just peel it of or will it cause water damage to the inner side of the door panel?

and maybe spks too

·
Registered
1,776 Posts
I believe the true purpose is to seal the water that might flow down from the window being down from getting inside. That's when water/snow would enter the inner doors in great quantity. I wouldn't remove it.

·
Registered
427 Posts
Had to replace my power window motor and that plastic lining was always in the way so I ripped it out. I have no problems at all. Just yesterday I took the door panel off to install some speakers, and did not noticed any rust or water stains indicating that water was running in the door. I think it is to keep noise down.

Have had it off for about a year and half now and now probs.

·
Registered
4,133 Posts
i think ill take mine out next time the door panel comes off and dynamat the whole door- that will make it quiet and take care of sound

·
Registered
1,955 Posts
jvschlegel on Apr/05/04 said:
I think it is to keep noise down.
No it IS to keep moisture of the door panel. That pressed cardboard/particleboard whatever you'd like to call it isn't extremely fond of moisture take it off at your own risk. Think the determining factor is going to be the climate where you live/weather conditions

1 - 7 of 7 Posts