Team Integra Forums banner

1 - 20 of 25 Posts

·
Registered
411 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey you guys my fenderwell covers or whatever have been torn some by my tires, on my left side the front half has completely come off, is thee a specific reason thoase are there and do i need to have it replaced or can i just take the rest off?

·
Registered
333 Posts
They are there to keep road gunk from getting underneith your fenders. I see alot of people with 18's remove them so they don't scratch. I had the same thing happened when I got an aftermarket front bumper. All I did was cut a hole in it so air can pass through and zip tie it to a few things.

·
Registered
8,097 Posts
If you have a CAI you definitely don't want to lose the passenger side fenderwell and/or splashguard. I'm sure I don't have to say why. The other reason they are there are to protect your parking/turn signal lights and wiring.

·
Registered
698 Posts
anyone know where i can get a cheap oem well cover for my passenger side? The original got ripped off by some junk on the highway.

·
Registered
461 Posts
you would have to check your local junk yard for those. i wouldn't want to pay dealer prices for that plastic.

·
Registered
1,576 Posts
mine also on my pass. side ripped completly off last week by something on the road. need to hit the junk yard if i can find time

·
Registered
634 Posts
yea my passenger is totally messed up.. it keeps coming out towards my wheel about half an inch away and its rubbing like crazy when im driving.. i tried to use some duck tape to keep it in place as a temporary solution but it wont stay... anyone got simple ideas on how to fix it?? i was thinkin of cuttin that piece off but after thinkin about wat SurferX said, not planning on doing that.. i just need to keep it in place but no way how.... suggestions other than buying a new fenderwall???

·
Registered
635 Posts
Ok last week my splash guard also came off but im in need of a new oen b4 winter time, as im here in germany its always raining and i dont want no water or dirt kickin up in there, does anyone have one for sell or at least knwo where to get on ebesdies the junkyard as there are no integras in the junkyards here only bmw's

·
Registered
634 Posts
Dann Kherb on Aug/21/02 said:
Quote: sonic on Aug/21/02 suggestions other than buying a new fenderwall???
ZIP TIES!!!!!!!!!
[/quote]
i thought of that.. but what am i tieing up together?? thats the problem.. =*(

·
Registered
3,266 Posts
zip ties....

or

i have a body kit so i riveted aluminum panels on the front part to protect my air filter... it looks pretty badass and i haven't had any problems with it. it also stregthened the front end a bit too by tying it all together. i could get some pics by tomorrow if you are interested.

·
Registered
634 Posts
well finally fixed it... i had to use more zip ties and find a hole to tighten it up... good looks guys!

·
Registered
408 Posts
anyone have pics of zip tie placement as im having the same problem with my passenger side wheel well plastic. damn thing keeps popping out...

·
Registered
3,266 Posts
Note: in my previous post, i mentioned i had aluminum panels... i just took them out. they were starting to rub the tires when turning hard. just stick with zip ties or just remove them completely.

·
Registered
5,381 Posts
sleepin_gsr on Aug/21/02 said:
Ok last week my splash guard also came off but im in need of a new oen b4 winter time, as im here in germany its always raining and i dont want no water or dirt kickin up in there, does anyone have one for sell or at least knwo where to get on ebesdies the junkyard as there are no integras in the junkyards here only bmw's
Try here bro.

acura carland

1 - 20 of 25 Posts