Team Integra Forums banner
1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
1,933 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I got a new set of mirrors and there is a peice chipped out on the side. I need some advice on whats best to fill this in with. Im not looking for a perfect job, just something thats not as noticable. I was thinking Bondo, but im not really sure. I have never worked with any body fillers before.

·
Registered
1,376 Posts
That seriously looks fun to do with Bondo. If you follow the directions, 2 golfball sizes should be good for it. Keep smearing and working fast with it and don't worry about getting the other areas dirty because you need to repaint the whole aseembly anyways. Then sand the bondo down until it's contour with the edges. Then paint.

·
Registered
927 Posts
I wouldnt recommend bondo on that. The gap hole is too big to fill and in different temperatures will crack or noticeable expand. The mirror is plastic so bondo would also peel right off it. Use Duramix (what some guys on TI use to fill in their cut grills) and thatll work fine. stay away from bondo!

·
Registered
927 Posts
I think the stuff is called duramix.. I tried searching for the articles that some guy used to fill in the 2 holes on the side of a 94-97 bumper after cutting out the center bar. Some people even use it to molded on ABS lips.... Im pretty sure its duramix.

·
Registered
1,933 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
The duramax stuff looks quite intersting, ill look into it. Anyway, not looking to paint the mirrors, they are already color matched to my car, just looking to fill and and touch up the spot. Like i said just something to make it less noticable, not perfect.

·
Registered
30 Posts
bondo is a cheap form of body filler, if you do us a body filler, buy a higher quaility form, and as for body filler not sticking to plastic, not to be rude but you did it wrong, if you ruff up the area inside of the hole you shouldnt have any problems with the filler sticking if you mix it right, and for the crackig in different temperatures, thats true if theres a half ton caked to the car, a small area like that should be fine. and for best results you will hafta repaint the whole mirror so you may be better off buying a new mirror for it.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.