Team Integra Forums banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
57 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
The car started smelling funny (something burned) the other day as I was driving it, but the magic fumes weren't escaping so I did not pull over.

When I got home I popped the hood open and there was a bit of black sandy debris laying on the front splash shield, right by the air compressor and on the hoses near the radiator. There also seems to be a bit of it splattered on the engine side of the wheelwell.

The CV Axle on the right is fine, and there's no grease on the wheel either, it's only this dusty material in the bottom of the engine compartment on the driver side (front of bay only).

I thought I noticed some metal in the dusty material and confirmed it has metal by using a magnet.

I have not taken the thing apart yet, but anyone have had something similar happen? If so, what was it in your case?

Attachments

·
Registered
57 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Gonna try to replace that by just unbolting and lowering the compressor to just get enough clearance to remove the busted clutch and to install the new clutch. Anyone tried this before?

I am trying to avoid opening up the A/C closed loop system because I can't find an A/C guy to just reclaim the gas, do the negative pressure test and put the gas back on. They want to charge for doing all the work and its like 25% of the value of the car! Lol

·
Registered
217 Posts
HOW TO: Charge your A/C air condition conditioner conditioning system at home.

·
Registered
57 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
HOW TO: Charge your A/C air condition conditioner conditioning system at home.

Thanks! That is a great thread!

BTW, I did unmount the compressor and lowered it, so there's plenty of room to remove the clutch, pulley and solenoid without having to open up the system. But... the local autoparts sold me a part that won't fit, so I had to order a replacement online... waiting for that now.

·
Registered
57 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Thanks! That is a great thread!

BTW, I did unmount the compressor and lowered it, so there's plenty of room to remove the clutch, pulley and solenoid without having to open up the system. But... the local autoparts sold me a part that won't fit, so I had to order a replacement online... waiting for that now.
It turned out that the compressor was completely seized. That is why the clutch died so horribly. So, I am going to have to open up the system or have someone do it... sigh

1 - 6 of 6 Posts