Team Integra Forums banner
1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
586 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
im installing H&R sport springs(1.75F, 1.5R) with koni reds and a front ingalls camber kit tomorrow. I dont want to go to crazy with the suspension, but do want a well balanced handling car. After doing a search on rear sway bars i found that the comptech would be ideal, but the price is a little too much for me. What rear sway bar and rear tie bar combo would i wanna get to get a noticable amount of better handling for cheaper than the comptech kit?? i want to induce a little oversteer, just to have some fun on the corners, will this setup do that for me?? Thanks.

·
Registered
169 Posts
Suspension Techniques Is just as good if not better than Comptech. The itr is to small. pm or email for details.

·
Registered
1,113 Posts
InspiredRacer on Sep/25/02 said:
Suspension Techniques Is just as good if not better than Comptech. The itr is to small. pm or email for details.
ITR stock rear swaybar is 22mm. With BSQ's mount kit, it fits perfectly.

Comptech's bar is exactly the same swaybar + a tie bar and mount kit.

Suspension Technique's rear bar is 3/4" ~ 19mm. How is 19mm better when 22mm is "too small"? Interesting...

·
Registered
586 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
so.....im thinking ITR stock rear swaybar with BSQ mount kit, and a neuspeed lower tie bar.......sound good?? will this induce a bit of oversteer like i expect.....?
Does the BSQ mount kit include polyurethane bushings? And how will this setup effect overall daily driving?

·
Registered
1,113 Posts
InOcULaNcE on Sep/25/02 said:
so.....im thinking ITR stock rear swaybar with BSQ mount kit, and a neuspeed lower tie bar.......sound good?? will this induce a bit of oversteer like i expect.....?
Does the BSQ mount kit include polyurethane bushings? And how will this setup effect overall daily driving?
I use the ITR bar with no tie bar. It'll lift throttle oversteer like a champ, IMO no need for a tie bar. ~110 shipped for all the parts from BSQ. It uses stock Acura Bushings, which IMO are more than good enough. As far as daily driving is concerned, unless you push the car hard everywhere, it'll react more or less how it used to.

Do NOT drive the car hard untill you learn how it reacts in a controlled environment (SCCA Solo II is a GREAT place to learn), since the back end will step out suprisingly fast. After you learn it, you can controll the lift-throttle oversteer, but you don't want to learn on the streets.

·
Registered
1,113 Posts
from BSQ himself (I followed his site exactly to install mine in my garage w/ pops, and MANY other people have as well):
Here's how: said:
1.) Go to http://www.acuraautomotiveparts.net/acura/jsp/mws/searchpart.jsp and enter the following part numbers to order:

52300-ST7-Z01 rear swaybar
52315-ST7-Z01 swaybar bushing (2 needed)
52308-SS0-000 bushing bracket (2 needed)
52316-ST7-Z00 endlink bushing (2 needed)
52312-ST7-Z00 endlink bushing collar (4 needed) – this part can be reused from the stock swaybar
90175-ST7-Z00 bolt (8x35) (2 needed)
94050-08080 flange nut (8mm) (2 needed)

2.) Go to http://www.geocities.com/bretq/mounting_kit.html to order Type-R rear swaybar mounting/reinforcement kit (aka BSQ mounting kit).

Everthing will cost about $105-$110 shipped.

If you follow my installation instructions, you will not have any problems.
Cheapest way to do it, and IMO one of the best. Did more than the Koni Yellows and NeuSpeed Sports i put on previously.

·
Registered
3,936 Posts
(52312-ST7-Z00 endlink bushing collar (4 needed) – this part can be reused from the stock swaybar)

which parts are these? i'm just trying to save a little money and not have to buy them... i do not have to purchase new ones right?

·
Registered
92 Posts
I've noticed the RR. Stabilzer Link
part # 52303-ST7-Z00
was not included in the above package.
Is this included in the BSQ?

·
Registered
103 Posts
consider getting an LSD
expensive...but definately worth it if you want a well handling balanced car

·
Registered
448 Posts
When I installed my nuespeed rear lower tie bar on my 93Civic Si a few years back I noticed more predictability during the hardest corners, on a stock suspension. Nacho is right, it is not completely neccessary, but don't think that they are worthless money-makers like those one-size-fits-all floor braces that go behind your seats. A rear-upper strut brace would make a much bigger difference if you don't already have one.

·
Registered
103 Posts
go with LSD!!!

LSD LSD LSD LSD LSD!!!

its by far gonna be the most noticeable!!
if you've ever driven an ITR...you can tell the difference in handling, and i believe a big part is also due to the LSD

if you take a look in sportcompact for January, they even mention in "8 Car shootout" article.

first three mods they would get:
6 out of 8 cars mods included LSD because the other two already had LSD

do you see wut i'm trying to get at??

·
Registered
653 Posts
InOcULaNcE on Sep/25/02 said:
ITR rear sway + Neuspeed rear lower tie bar will require some spacers.

A few bars that come to mind in conjunction with a ITR rear sway without spacers are:
Benen
Spoon
Comptech

1 - 15 of 15 Posts