Team Integra Forums banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
176 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
how do i get the pistons off the rods? and how do i get the crank out of the block? I don't want to break anything and want to salvage whatever I can. I'm swapping pistons (ls) with (type r)do I need to order new rod bearings? do I also need to order new main bearings since I'm having the crank/pistons/rods balanced? I'm having a machine shop install all of this, but I'm trying to save on labor and take apart the engine myself.. any help ASAp would be awesome. thanks

·
Registered
176 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Tweakmeister on Aug/14/02 said:
www.helminc.com

get a manual first thing.
if I had one, would I be asking you how to do it? And whats the point of having this forum, if thats the best answer someone can give me? I need answers to my questions, not suggestions on where to look. thanks anyways.

·
Registered
4,804 Posts
Hey stop whining, buy the book. just a little advice, break loose the pulley bolt off the crank before you lift the engine out (if that is what you are doing)

if you are going to leave it in do the following, put it on stands or a lift, drain all fluids-oil, radiator, transmission. take off the oil pan. the connecting rods and crankshaft are now exposed. go to town.

I would say yes to the bearings. why are you "salvaging"?

1 - 4 of 4 Posts