Team Integra Forums banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
491 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Does anyone know if this sub fits on top of the spare tire like the optional Bose subwoofer in the RSX? Or do you need to remove the tire? Also, does anyone actually have this or have heard it? I'm looking for something cheap and small to enhance my music, not shake the cars next to me. I cant find out anything on it since its no longer in production....

·
Registered
185 Posts
I have a TS-WX50A, the amplified version of this. It fits *inside* the spare tire perfectly. You can get these on ebay, however, most don't have the full kit.

You will need a longer spare tire bolt (the that holds the spare tire in place). The RSX has a bose spare tire sub, similar to this. I haven't installed mine yet, but when I do, I plan on getting the RSX bolt. I think it should fit.

·
Registered
185 Posts
I paid 30.99 + 15 shipping on ebay.

Quite a deal if you ask me. You can get them cheap, but the cheap ones come without the wiring harness, which admittedly makes life easier. I have seen them go over 60$ (w/o shipping) with the harness included.

Link to subwoofer harness thread

The wierd looking plug to attach to the subwoofer is the same that is used for Xeon power supplies. I picked one up at Fry's for 4$. All I need is the wire, 2 fuses and time to hook it up.

Let me know if you want to go down this path, I also have the PDF manual for this subwoofer. It's very hard to find.

My reading of the manual also indicates that the subwoofer can accept high or low level inputs, meaning you don't need a line level converter.

·
Registered
185 Posts
I found the part numbers for the molex plug:

39-01-2080 (digikey WM3703-ND) 0.68$
39-00-0041 (digikey WM2500-ND) 0.78$ for a pack of 100
39-00-0039 (digikey WM2501-ND)

I forget if it's male or female though.

·
Registered
1,441 Posts
clarity335 on Dec/17/05 said:
Thanks guys. i think ill keep scouring eBay for a powered one. That will make things a lot easier.
Hey clarity335,
Were you able to finish your setup?

1 - 10 of 10 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.