Team Integra Forums banner
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
94 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Please can someone tell me how to remove my pinstripping without screwing anything up. also since the car is a 98 will the paint under the striping be darker then the other paint.

·
Registered
636 Posts
My car sat in the sun for about an hour last summer and it heated it up enough to where I could start peeling it away carefully. You could also use a heat gun. To remove the extra sticky stuff left behind I used some goo gone. Not sure if goo gone will remove wax but I did this before I gave my car a full detail just to be safe. As far as the paint under the the pinstripe goes, depends on how faded your paint is, I know mine is darker but not that noticeable unless you are right up on it.

·
Registered
1,028 Posts
Try a heat gun and a plastic razor blade. It works well! If that doesn't work you can buy a eraser disc from your local professional car detail center. Its a disc that you connect to a high power drill. You simply use it sideways. After your done taking of the stripes, you need to lighty rub solvent on the area that used to have the stripes to remove any left over adhesive.

·
Registered
1,704 Posts
Use the edge of a credit card or your drivers license. When the pin stripe us gone use Goo Gone to get rid of the adhesive residue. That's what I did and it came out great.

Be careful if you use a plastic razor blade, it might scratch your paint. a credit card is dull enough to do the job but not damage your car.

·
Registered
441 Posts
i used a hair dryer and some stuff that was made with orange peel... it was some kinda adhesive remover.. anyways i used thoses to and it all came off

·
Registered
636 Posts
Mayhem000 on Apr/13/04 said:
For the goo gone stuff, should i get the spray or the pastey kind. are you sure it wont eat the paint.
There is no "pasty" Goo Gone. And no, it won't eat your paint. You have the choice of either Goo Gone Automotive which I used or there is Goo Gone Automotive Sticker Lifter. Goo Gone click and go to the bottom of the page.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts