Team Integra Forums banner
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
1994 Acura Integra
8 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
ive been looking to upgrade the fuel system on my teg lately, as i got my hands upon some MSD 750cc injectors, i already have everything else to upgrade the fuel system such as the fuelpump and a high flow fuel filter, what fuel rail as well as piggyback ecu do you guys reccomend? im only 17 and trying to learn, would a hondata be considered a piggyback ecu? also is there a cheaper alternative, any input is greatly appreciated here!

·
Registered
59 Posts
ive been looking to upgrade the fuel system on my teg lately, as i got my hands upon some MSD 750cc injectors, i already have everything else to upgrade the fuel system such as the fuelpump and a high flow fuel filter, what fuel rail as well as piggyback ecu do you guys reccomend? im only 17 and trying to learn, would a hondata be considered a piggyback ecu? also is there a cheaper alternative, any input is greatly appreciated here!
yes hondata s300v3 is a piggy back system ...... id also recommend upgrading your wiring to the fuel pump bigger pump needs more power there are video on youtube how to do that...... good luck

·
Registered
1994 Acura Integra
8 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Would be really great to know what your power goals are to give you advice.
well, i dont exactly have a setup yet, the car is going to get boosted some point towards the end of this summer, and im looking for about 250-300 horse out of it, id like reliable power. pretty much a dailyable street car

·
Registered
1994 Acura Integra
8 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
I agree. 750 injectors and an upgraded fuel system on a stock car or a lightly modded car is probably overkill.

what is your setup that you need to upgrade the fuel system?
your most likely right that 750 IS a lot of overkill, but i got the injectors brand new when i bought the shell, they came with it as well as an AEM 320lph fuel pump, and i figured why spend money to get smaller ones, as bigger ones can also be used in the future :)

·
Administrator
4,578 Posts
well, i dont exactly have a setup yet, the car is going to get boosted some point towards the end of this summer, and im looking for about 250-300 horse out of it, id like reliable power. pretty much a dailyable street car
Then you're way overkill with the fuel setup. Don't get caught up in the "lego building" of a vehicle which means, throwing parts at a car and expecting it to make power. Choose a power goal, and the parts necessary to meet that goal. A small bump in fuel pressure would more than likely be suffice. Stock fuel rail is sufficient as well.

·
Registered
1994 Acura Integra
8 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Then you're way overkill with the fuel setup. Don't get caught up in the "lego building" of a vehicle which means, throwing parts at a car and expecting it to make power. Choose a power goal, and the parts necessary to meet that goal. A small bump in fuel pressure would more than likely be suffice. Stock fuel rail is sufficient as well.
so just a FPR? does that include adding the pump or literally just a FPR to bump up power a little bit until i can get it to tune? sorry for this being so confusing

·
Registered
20 Posts
Up'ing your fuel pressure is not giving you "extra power". It's providing additional fuel that is needed to reach your power goal. This won't be needed until everything is installed and then immediately tuned.
To expand on this, it seems like all newbies have the idea that adding fuel will increase power. What is actually needed make more power is more air. Do whatever you can do to increase the airflow (cams, porting, headers, or forced induction), then add the correct amount of fuel.

·
Administrator
4,578 Posts
To expand on this, it seems like all newbies have the idea that adding fuel will increase power. What is actually needed make more power is more air. Do whatever you can do to increase the airflow (cams, porting, headers, or forced induction), then add the correct amount of fuel.
That's actually a great way to explain it!

·
Registered
1994 Acura Integra
8 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
I see, thank you. Car will be boosted eventually but this answered my questions regarding the fuel system, thanks everyone who answered! :)

1 - 12 of 12 Posts