Team Integra Forums banner
1 - 20 of 566 Posts

·
Premium Member
7,789 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
'Made it' posts & pix starting around page 32!

The list at this time:
1) chickwithastick - Trish
2) shore96teg - Mike
3) orangebarius - Barry
4) Drcheap in chick's car- David
5) dc5tunerx - Ryan
6) befreetonight - Amanda
9) engineer14teg - Jeff
10) 97JDMTeg
11) p8ntball101
12) straziante- Justin (don't know if he is staying with us though)
13) TEGhasJDMfever- Brandon (don't know if he is staying with us)
14) lpparker97ls- Not staying with us though
15) Thrasher865- Zach not staying with us, but MIGHT visit
16) BlknBlTeg- Dimitri- 80% sure he is visiting!
17) SPECIAL GUEST
- IS staying with us!!! and wants to remain a secret lol
18) Working on ANOTHER special guest!!! They MIGHT be able to come!

The idea has been tossed around for a little bit and I am now going to make it final. As some of you may know I am moving to Houston, Texas over Thanksgiving weekend. Drcheap and I have decided to make a road trip out of this and MUST stop at the dragon on the way down being it is only 50 miles out of the way. A number of members from numerous different states have expressed their interest in joining us for the weekend, so I figured I would let everyone know.

Who: Anyone!!!

When: Nov 23-25th (Thanksgiving weekend)

What: Dragon Run Part 2- because once a year just isn't enough!

Where: 14981 Tapoco Rd, Robbinsville, NC 28771 (Lodge)

We will be making reservations at the Topoco lodge most likely... depending on availability. (I should probably check that sometime soon) I WILL NOT be making reservations for everyone. I just don't have the time! Not only that, but I only expect a few people to honestly make it out. So, let's hear it, who is interested in going??

UPDATE!!! Reservations starting!

We are looking into staying at the fontana Resort:
fontana Village Resort � Highway 28
fontana Dam, NC 28733
800.849.2258 � 828.498.2211

Directions:
From Knoxville, Tennessee, take Hwy 129 south from Knoxville to Maryville. Just past Maryville, Hwy129 turns left off of the four lane highway. Caution - part of this road is a twisty mountain road.. Just past the TN/NC state line turn left on Hwy 28. Continue on Hwy 28 for 9 miles.

What the above means is that its 9 miles from route 129 and you actually drive the dragon to get there. You go into the town of Robbinsville and make a left onto 28. (NE Crew, we passed this little resort town on the way in)

Magnolia 3 Bedroom
(1 King, 1 Fullsize, 1 Set Twins)2 Baths, Fireplace, Whirlpool Tub, Full Kitchen, Central Heat and AC, TV/VCR, Basic Cable TV, Washer and Dryer. Kitchen Utensils and Bed Linens are provided.
Peak Season 239.00
April 01 - Oct. 31
Off Season 199.00
Nov. 01 - Mar. 31
Magnolia

Log Cabins
Our Log Cabins have 2 Bedrooms (1 Queen/2 Twins), 2 Baths, Fireplace, Whirlpool Tub, Central Heat & Air, TV/VCR and Phone. Kitchen Utensils, Bed Linens and Towels are provided.
Peak Season 219.00
April 01 - Oct. 31
Off Season 199.00
Nov. 01 - Mar. 31
log cabins

Azalea 3 Bedroom
3 Bedrooms (1 Full/2 Twins/1 Set Bunk Beds), 2 Baths, Whirlpool Tub, Central Heat & Air, Basic Cable TV/VCR and Phone. Kitchen Utensils, Bed Linens and Towels are provided.
Peak Season 239.00
April 01 - Oct. 31
Off Season 199.00
Nov. 01 - Mar. 31
Azalea 3 bed

Azalea 2 Bedroom
2 Bedrooms (1 Full/1 Set Twin Beds), 2 Baths, Central Heat & Air, Basic Cable TV/VCR and Phone. Some have Fireplaces and Some Whirlpool Tubs. Kitchen Utensils, Bed Linens and Towels are provided.
Peak Season 209.00
April 01 - Oct. 31
Off Season 189.00
Nov. 01 - Mar. 31
azalea 2 bed

Azalea 2 Bedroom with Fireplace & Whirpool Tub
2 Bedrooms (1 Queen/1 Set Twin Beds and sleeper sofa), 2 Baths, Central Heat & Air, Basic Cable TV/VCR and Phone. Fireplaces and Whirlpool Tubs. Kitchen Utensils, Bed Linens and Towels are provided.
Peak Season 229.00
April 01 - Oct. 31
Off Season 209.00
Nov. 01 - Mar. 31
azalea 2 bed

We will need everyone wishing to go to let myself or Ryan (DC5tuner) know by Oct 31st. This will allow us enough time to determine how many cabins we will need, the cost for everyone, and to actually make the reservations. I believe we will be taking deposits from Nov 1st- 10th. This will allow everyone plenty of time to make their final decision and make sure that they will have the $$.

·
Registered
10,778 Posts
I wanna but I cant take the time off work and I plan on having no engine at that time, installing the new engine and boosting her. It will be fun guys even if its just a few people.

·
Registered
1,258 Posts
like i said in the other thread it really depends on lodging prices.. ill get back to you shortly id like to do it though.. if anyone would want to come from up north come stay at me n ash's place a night then make a balls out trip from here straight to dragon about 9 hrs ? let me know

·
Registered
1,086 Posts
Hmmm....sounds appealing! Definitely not driving all the way back down to TX for Thanksgiving, but this is pretty good

No commitments from me yet, but I would make it a 2 day drive. Alyssa, I might take you up on that housing offer...

I'm also interested in lodging prices. Might be a make or break.

O and what's better than seeing Doc and Trish together after meeting them both separately haha

·
Registered
888 Posts
I'd love to.

But.

I'm already planning and saving for a trip to TN for New Years... I can't afford to take work off... GHEY.

·
Registered
1,408 Posts
i'm close but thanksgiving weekend really isnt a good time to plan a meet.

·
Premium Member
7,789 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
MR_GS-R on Oct/11/07 said:
i'm close but thanksgiving weekend really isnt a good time to plan a meet.
Well, that is when I am moving.... I told people about my plans and people were interested, so I figured I would let everyone know.

I just called the Topoko Lodge and they close for the winter October 27th. I guess we will have to look into places in Robbinsville.

·
Registered
1,258 Posts
yeah if i go im gonna have to just find somewhere cheap to stay.. so i guess ill start checkin out robbinsville.. im hoping other NE people go cuz im a little uneasy about making the trip alone seeing how the last trip down went!

·
Premium Member
7,789 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
not to mention that I will be driving from NJ...

1 - 20 of 566 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.