Team Integra Forums banner
1 - 20 of 37 Posts

·
Registered
242 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I am thinking about putting an LCD Screen in my Integra as I have always wanted to. I couldn't buy in in-dash one because of the way the console is setup as you all know.

I was thinking about putting the screen in the dash, passenger side in between the airbag and the glovebox, the area facing the passenger directly. Have any of you guys seen one done this way or preferably, have any pictures of a screen setup this way?

Do you guys think it would be pretty nice to have a screen there? I was also thinking about placing the TV Tuner and DVD player in a somewhat covert spot, any suggestions? Let me know...

·
Registered
3,638 Posts
problem with permanaent screens, especially ones in such visible locations such as described above, is that unless you are like completely LIMO tinted, you are gonna be a theif magnet. it really isnt even the screen that is in danger, if you have a screen, they are gona assume DVD players and TV tuners and whatnot, so they are gonna see a car worth breaking into.

honestly, if i was gonna put the money into it, i would want something i could see (the driver i mean), so i wouldnt put it there, but rather build it inot the cupholder area. THAT has been done, and you can find some pics here and there of permanent molded in screen in the center area under the radio and such...

·
Registered
161 Posts
Yeah the best idea would be to make room in your console area for an in dash one, so you can hide it. If not you could custom fabricate a spot right near the clock. You could build a motorized lcd that pop's up with a tilt or something.

I am planning on doing an in dash LCD screen with a computer in the trunk this summer. I was thinking about relocating my deck into my arm rest area or glove compartment.

·
Registered
127 Posts
Have you considered one of these?

It is just the lcd screen that fits in a normal size DIN. It would take the place that pocket under you radio. It wasn't all that expensive either. I think maybe $200. Unlike the $1200 you would pay for a headset with a built in screen.

·
Registered
3,638 Posts
DIN130, please let us know more abuot where you got that, i would like some more inofo on it, if it has goo enough inputs i might want one to gerry rig a laptop to it with GPS...ive been looking for cheap in-dash like that

·
Registered
474 Posts
WangHungLo i like that set up it looks really clean, where did you find that setup at?? and also with the flip out screen about i kind of felt it sits kind of low, i seen a guy who cut out the 2 vents above the center concole and installed his flip out screen inside there.. it was a nice clean install. i would recomend that because of the position and its very visible.. unless its an every day car then you might want to keep the vents so you dont freeze your buns off in the winter..i'll try to find some pictures for you.

·
Registered
2,242 Posts
It is hard in a daily driver I had the new Pioneer Flip out and it was a great product and all but it was hard for driver to see (if they want) and also with mine being a automatic I found that the screen was just bearly rubbing my shifter when it went in and out I am also going to change my shifter for the manual look and thought that might pose a problem. I am currently putting one in my dash on the Passenger side between the glove box and Air bag a friend of mine did the same and it looked cool
As far as the chance of it being stolen I am not to worried I am getting a dash cover so that when she is parked I can hide it.

Michele

·
Registered
1,776 Posts
If you go this way and mount the screen where the Ash tray/cig lighter are you will get a nicer install. The screen is actually angled back for easier viewing and it does not block any of the climate controls. one problem is finding a dummy panel for behinds the screen- but it is worth it.
close up are on my cardomain.

·
Premium Member
963 Posts
If i remember correctly, that molded set-up (non flip out screen) belonged to a member here but i forget his name. i asked him about it, and he said he made it himself. I believe he made a wood frame then bondo'ed or fb'ed around to fill and smooth it. But he said it was stolen from him when his car was broken into.

·
Registered
1,060 Posts
hey paul what kind of deck is that and whats it play i mean media, also do u have any problems shifting with it up ?

·
Registered
1,783 Posts
Its an Eclipse av5101. It doesn't play any media. there isnt even a cd player. There is no internal amp either. I already had an Eclipse cd player and a 4 ch and sub amp. It was a clearnce model for over half of retail. So it worked out great for me. Expecially since it clears the heater controls. I'm not sure what the newer Eclipse units have for features. I know they finally joined the club and put out an MP3 player.

1 - 20 of 37 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.