Team Integra Forums banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
1,060 Posts
let u in on a little secret not a good idea to shave the roof lines ...

·
Registered
3,638 Posts
the roof lines are technically there to let water channel off of the windsheild at high speeds such as on highways...i dont think it will be too big of a problem though to be honest

the other reason people dont generally shave roof lines is due to the labor you must invest to do it properly...bondoing it will most certainly crack, our unibodys flex like mothers....so i hope you welded it, as in, welded a long thing strip of sheet metal to fill in the line and then used very minimal bondo...otherwise unless you are very lucky and/or never go around a sharp turn or go over a bump in your car, then you will probably have cracking...

it loooks like that place does quality work though, if o had to guess id say they welded them.

where did you relocate the gas filler? are you gonna suicide your taillight?

·
Registered
289 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Thanks for the compliments everyone. Actually the roof gutters are there because the roof is a seperate part of the body from the two side panels. They tack weld the roof on and put those strips there since it is considerably cheaper. Look at a few other cars, they don't have those gutters, especially cars with targa tops.

The place where everything is being done at is my fathers shop, and they do very good work. The gutters were welded to stregthen the ends, and then filled with "long and strong" which is a form of fiberglass. Very little bondo was used except for the final finish work.

Lastly, the gas filler is inside the car, if you look at the other album on imagestation, it has where the filler is located. Thanks again.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.