Team Integra Forums banner

1 - 20 of 36 Posts

·
Registered
3,185 Posts
i like it.. especially the silver.. did u clearcoat it? the silver is very shiny. the way i use my cupholder.. i dont think paint would ever stay longer than a week.. and for ricky_101 to compliment ur interior-> is a good thing.. =)

·
Registered
8,083 Posts
the center console up to the air vents is just beautiful my friend! other parts too, but this just WOWed me!

·
Registered
655 Posts
HOLY CRAP DUDE!!!! you are in KY near me. that is EXACTLY what I want done. bro I will pay you! your job looks flawless, mine would be all screwed to hell.

man, if you want let's meet up someday and make a project out of it... I will pay you and come out to you, or if you wanted to come to lex we could chill here, grill out, whatever! any other TI members in area intrested?

seriously! that looks amazing and I wanted mine done just like that. let me know!

·
Registered
8,532 Posts
Looks very good, you did the blue/silver really well! What type of paint did you end up using?

·
Registered
1,056 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
i went to pepboyz and got the adhesion promoter and got flexible primer. then i painted it with the top of the line krylon paint. but before i did that i sanded it with the following grit sandpaper...60, 100, 220, 600, 800, and after i painted it i sanded it with 1500 and 2000...lots of work but as you all can see it was worth it. **the key with the paint is...it is better to put lots of light coats on than put on a couple of heavy coats**...besides the light coats dry faster..sorry if any of that sounds dumb i am a little drunk right now

·
Super Moderator
14,177 Posts
wow that is badass man, very nice

·
Registered
1,092 Posts
That's what everyone "WANTS" theirs to look like when they paint it. Not many people do as good a job.

Nice work!

·
Registered
221 Posts
That blue is riced out even the silver is pushin it why would you do that to that beautiful black interior????

·
Registered
1,056 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
the blue i used is the high gloss krylon true blue i picked it up at meyer at in the automotive repair section...like where all the bondo is. i didn't use any clear coat on the silver...it just looks that good. i will probably end up putting plasti-kote clear acrylic on it so it wont scratch. I can't tell any difference in the exterior paint and the paint i used. the brand of silver i used is the plasti-kote flexible bumper and trim COLOR. it should be right next to the primer and adhesion promoter that i used. the cans look the same but they just say either color, adhesion promoter, or primer on the cans. they were about six bucks a can and i got them at pepboys.

btw...i dont use my cup holders at all...no food or drink goes anywhere near my teg. i try hard enough to keep it spotless. thanks again for all the comments

1 - 20 of 36 Posts