Team Integra Forums banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
655 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I did the 9005 silverstar conversion a few nights ago (imagestation wasn't letting me upload)... thought I'd show some pics for you guys...

CLICK HERE FOR THE ALBUM!

Image uploading. Refresh page to view

Hope you like it... it took about 5-10 minutes to do (the knives were dull) but damn it's worth it both looks and actual functionallity!

·
Registered
655 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
the first two shots are with the 05 SS bule on the driverside and a stock 06 on the passenger.

the third shot is the same thing, facing a garage about 6-8 feet away.

the fifth picture is a little sideshot after doing both. (oh and if you're wondering what's up with my turn signals... they're euro clears w/ raybrig (or polarg I forget) 1157's and no mini bulb on the side... looks better I thought).

·
Registered
655 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
TechIntegra on Aug/17/02 said:
how much did it cost??
heh heh, you like that pic of me huh? drinking is fun while working on your car.

they were 22.99 a bulb at advance auto parts or auto zone (same damn store different name)

oh and by the way... my house ins't that nasty. that's at a friends house they just had a kid a little while ago (explains clothes everywhere).

·
Registered
333 Posts
What did you have to do to the bulb to make it fit. I bought silverstars but didn't do the conversion but after seeing yours, I might want to.

·
Registered
655 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
96GSR95610 on Aug/17/02 said:
What did you have to do to the bulb to make it fit. I bought silverstars but didn't do the conversion but after seeing yours, I might want to.
i'll take that as a compliment! thanks!

Click here for a "how to" tutorial.

basically a 9005 bulb has 3 tabs... take a knife or scissors of some sort and cut the middle tab from the outside so you leave just a little bit left in the center (tutorial has pics). then inside the socket of the bulb there are 2 tabs on the wall of the inside. cut them out or file them down and voila! the site says something about changing the rings... i tried this but then the ring fit real loose so I didn't leave it that way. good luck. the difference is amazing...

·
Registered
880 Posts
NeoSilverTeg on Aug/17/02 said:
Quote: 96GSR95610 on Aug/17/02What did you have to do to the bulb to make it fit. I bought silverstars but didn't do the conversion but after seeing yours, I might want to. i'll take that as a compliment! thanks!
Click here for a "how to" tutorial.

basically a 9005 bulb has 3 tabs... take a knife or scissors of some sort and cut the middle tab from the outside so you leave just a little bit left in the center (tutorial has pics). then inside the socket of the bulb there are 2 tabs on the wall of the inside. cut them out or file them down and voila! the site says something about changing the rings... i tried this but then the ring fit real loose so I didn't leave it that way. good luck. the difference is amazing...

How do I find out if i am able to do this in my area legally?

1 - 8 of 8 Posts