Team Integra Forums banner
1 - 20 of 28 Posts

·
Registered
956 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Heres some updated pics of my two integras

The white one really sits a bit lower than in these pics, it was parked on a slop w the e brake pull causing the suspension to load and raise up a bit.

Sorry for them both being dirty

The white one was completely stock gsr 4 months ago and now is a 12 sec car at over 300hp. I'm hoping to have it in the high 11s within a few more months.

The second black one is the newest edition, it has a jdm front, b20 and tons of mugen goodies, It also has mugen sides not installed yet.

They both are in my shop now getting full clutch packages and brembo brakes. The black on is also getting a new timing belt, axles, facaros, and a slate grey [duck tape grey] paint job.

Please let me know what you all think,
Thanks for your time,
DK

When the black car is all finished it will be given over to my younger brother. I hope he likes it. He sure is luckly to only be 19 and own a jdm front teg.

·
Registered
956 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Ya I'm making him help with the rest of the work to it in hopes he will understand them a little more. Hopefully after he's apart of all the work it takes to create one of these cars he will respect it and not tear it to shreds. I want him to think twice before he dumps it on dry black top remembering what its like to him to change out axles and a clutch. I won't even let him drive it till its complete, I want the lil chit to work for it before he can enjoy it.

one thing that is good about it, he skippin the riced out stage that was once a part of most honda owners lives.

DK

·
Registered
6,894 Posts
T04EGSR on Oct/07/07 said:
one thing that is good about it, he skippin the riced out stage that was once a part of most honda owners lives.
ROFL... I feel thankful that I too skipped that stage and I know he will too... That's too funny!

·
Registered
8,324 Posts
I want to see more pictures of your brother's car.

What are the details on it?

I hope the build goes well. The best thing my Dad did for me was buy a "fixer upper' as a first car. Before it drove I had to fix the brakes and cooling system. The idea of fixing things myself has been with me ever since.

·
Registered
956 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
When I first brought up building him a cool car I asked him, you want big rims to slow you down or small light weight wheels to speed you up, and do you want to fix one up or *uck one up?

The black one has skunk2 springs, mugen [not sure if they are real] wheels, front bumper and side skirts. It has shaved moldings and antenna. B20 [the lower compression one] engine w LS tranny. Carbon fiber hood and black housing HID converted head lights. I bought this car out of tenn. a couple days ago for $3040.00. It needs a paint job, clutch, axles [I believe, it shakes under acceleration], seats, a bunch of wiring, brakes, rotors, body panel alignment, and some other odds and ends. It has no dents or dings just blotchy crappy one stage acrylic enamel paint. The lights are real, the fenders are fiberglass replicas. It has tanabe catback and new dunlop tires. It has about 100k on the engine.

I could have got him a perfect one, but he would just tear it up and let it collect dust rather than fixing it. He really is a good kid that never gets mad and is starting to really enjoy the whole fast car scene that is always around my shop.

I did tell him really quick that if he gets out and does stupid things in this car that I would take it away and sell it faster than I gave it to him. Also never helping with another car or truck again. I have had too many friends die in hondas, because of my wrench turning on their cars I felt some what responsible. [not in anything on the car failing, just by increasing the power to weight over money, not driver ability and responsibility.]

Sorry I do not have any more pics at the moment of the black one. You all will probably have to wait till its finished.

Thanks for the responses,
DK

·
Registered
956 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
sik96 on Oct/07/07 said:
hell yea nice rides but i would keep the jdm front teg an give him the white one lol

na, I like the white one, its almost mint and it hauls nuts. My little brother will never have a car faster than me. Thats all I need, I can also buy another jdm front for mine. The white one has real volk te37s and full skunk2 pro suspension. I like the black one but the only reason I would want it is to just daily destroy it and drive it to work and back. The turbo tegs are easy to break and I'm constantly wondering how long its going to hold together. The black one is quite, the white one sounds like a small jet plane coming down the rd.

Quote: dc2dragonboy on Oct/07/07 damn, young kids be having it done sooner then most of us. I notice the older crowd is going for other luxurious cars, but I still keep my teggy.
I do see more of the older crowd flocking towards the luxurious cars, its just natural for everyone to graduate sooner or later or when your budget allows. Although at this point in my life If I was a multi millionaire not only would I have a slew of expensive cars I would also have integras and hondas by the car lot with a whole staff of employees just to maintain and build them. I would probably crate them up when I was done and time shell them so to speak.

·
Registered
956 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
The car is really a dark gun metal color. I believe its a factory ford color. Blacks nice, when its clean but it shows every imperfection to the tee. I want a light color for him for a bunch of reasons, mainly because of its low maintenance. I really want to go with the duct tape grey because I've seen very few tegs painted up that color. passwordjdm has a pic of the color in their gallery on a jdm front k20 gen3.

Turbos are fun, We have a few turbo hondas just sitting in our shop. Honestly though I want another slow stock all show no go n/a hunter green/tan clean g3 ls teg for my daily destroying purposes and just leave my gsr for the weekends. I suppose you all well be seeing a picture of it in a few months or so.

I'd also like to buy some rhd goodies if anyone wants to come up off them.

Thanks for the comments.
DK

1 - 20 of 28 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.