Team Integra Forums banner
1 - 20 of 37 Posts

·
Registered
4,231 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey guys,
Well, Import Motion is coming up on Feb. 28th and my friend and I are planning on going together. We have been debating whether or not to go because we dont know if our cars are "ready" for a show or not. Let me know what you guys think. If we go, it's likely that we're going as Team-Integra.net (yeah better go order some of the TI decals
) So do you guys think our cars are ready to be "in" the show? Maybe not win anything, just being in there without being too out of place.

btw...I think we could win best High School Car.

My car Pics here) because I dont want to bored you guys out if you have already seen my car.

Justin's 99 GSR

Our cars together (left - Justin's car, middle- my car)

Mod List
Performance Mods:
-b18b1
-AEM Type R 3" SRI (Short Ram Intake)
-DC Sport 4-2-1 Ceramic Header
-Comptech SS Exhaust
-Eibach Pro Kit Springs (1.3 Inch Drop)
-17" Konig Ziege (silver with polished lip)
-Kumho Ecsta Supra 712 Tires

Interior/Exterior:
-Shaved Front Emblem & Plate Holes
-Wings West W-Type Front Lip
-Wings West W-Type Side Skirts
-Wings West W-Type Rear Lip
-JDM Type R Spoiler
-Real Type R emblem & Integra Emblem
-Shaved rear wiper
-Tint 33% Sides & 24% Rear.
-PIAA Fog Lights/Hyper White bulbs

Electronics:
-Audiovox Alarm System
*Keyless Entry
*Flashing Headlights
*Flashing Signals
-Sound System
*Pioneer Premiere Head Unit
*Boss 500 Watts 2 Channel Amp
*Ported Bandpass Box
*Two 12 Inch Sony Xplods
*Monster Cable's Wiring Kit

·
Registered
3,474 Posts
yeah your def show worthy, ive shown my car before when all i had was my system and 4 point strut bar, i didnt win, but i had fun. if you go to a show and have fun thats all that matters

ive got a nice team name, Tripple Trouble, all your cars look the same.

theres a team based out of ny thats called double trouble that has two cars EXACTLY the same just inverted colors, they have a nice display. if you set your cars up nice you could problem get a best display award

·
Registered
478 Posts
Alvin, I would say your cars are deffinatly "ready" They look amazing!

·
Registered
2,242 Posts
I say go for it !!! Take plenty pics and let us know how it goes

Michele

·
Registered
1,914 Posts
I honestly dont think so, youve got a 99 so the paits still good, thats a plus, but you realy only have a lip and spoiler. you'd need cf hood or hatch with shaved sidemoldings in my opinion to realy stand out otherwise its basicly a stock teg

·
Registered
4,231 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
PhantomTEG on Feb/19/04 said:
I honestly dont think so, youve got a 99 so the paits still good, thats a plus, but you realy only have a lip and spoiler. you'd need cf hood or hatch with shaved sidemoldings in my opinion to realy stand out otherwise its basicly a stock teg
hm..I agree those things you listed are pluses. The thing I disagree with is that you said I only have "a lip and a spoiler". I actually have the full wingswest kit
hm..anyway, I added a mod list to my post. Keep the opinions coming guys, whether it be bad or good.

·
Registered
542 Posts
ive seen much less worthy cars at shows, so go for it, the shine is amazing and it a sharp looking car. anyone with any taste would stop to check it out for sure. its just plain clean and simple and not over done. if i was you id never get anything carbon fiber for the outside cause it would take away from the incredible shine you have. so enter it and see what happens cause hey you never know.

·
Registered
829 Posts
There are several categories that you can enter a car at a show. Depending on which one you choose. Your car looks good but you have to make a choice if you want to show your car. ie: JDM / RACE / STREET / AUDIO / etc. Then get parts that apply to your car. Don't mix and match parts from diff. cattegories cuz you want to keep the car in that one cattegory. I hope you understand my point of view. stefan525

PS: right now your car is not show quallity. imho. sorry

·
Registered
4,231 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
mattymatt79 on Feb/19/04 said:
I think the cars look great, why not show, go have a good time, take a bunch of pics who cares if you win
thats exactly what I wanted to know! Thank you
I'm not expecting to win, I just wanted to know if my car is worthy just to "be" in the show.

I just dont want people to walk by without even glancing at it, kause that'd be embarassing

·
Registered
2,124 Posts
I've judged a few competitions, and I'd go for it just for the fun of it. Nowadays the judges for Civics and Integras are a bit more harsh than even the other hondas because of the fact that there are so many of them that are out there. The fact that you kept the lines clean and simple are going to help you out. Smooth and clean wins the race.

That being said, I honestly say that though your car is very clean, now its about what's under the hood that counts. The "Show-N-Go" phenomenon is bigger than ever in the show circuit as well as the track.. Turbo, Vortech Supercharger (JRSC is kinda played in a judges eyes)and the like with a good array of guages that go with the system win.. Also especially for TEGs JDM front end conversion is almost a must..

But since you're doing it for fun... Who cares? Enjoy it, feel important for a day, meet some new people, and get some ideas for what you want to do in the future..

I say GO FOR IT!!

·
Registered
1,408 Posts
Alvin, I think you have got one of, if not the BEST Milano Red Teg on this site!

I love everything about your car bro, its something my MR Teg can aspire to become. If I saw your car at a show you better believe Id stop and take pics!! Enter that show man somebody's gonna appericate a clean non-wild Teg. You have the kind of cars that I like to see at shows, nothing wild - just clean and simple.

If you want to win a show buy a carbon fiber hood, slap on a big alumnium wing, vinyl and sticker it to hell. If you want to have a great looking Teg then dont do a thing to it! I am an "Alvin Teg Supporter" all da way!

·
Registered
1,776 Posts
PhantomTEG on Feb/19/04 said:
I agree- most of TI is gonna love your teg b/c they love the stock look and anything else is "rice" here. Stock tegs don't win car shows though.
Why is you B18b1 listed as a performance mod? Isn't that your stock engine. I think you could pull some points if there is a HS competition or a local show but nothing bigger than that.

1 - 20 of 37 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.