Team Integra Forums banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
497 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I finally bought my block that I will be using for my turbo setup. I came across an LS block with Crower rods,Arias pistons, Golden Eagle "Godzilla" Sleeves (83 mm), original misc like oil pan, bearings, crank, block girdle..new oil pump and water pump. A kid before me had it and was running crappy fuel management. The motor has about 2k miles on it.. and due to the crappy fuel management one of the pistons got burned up. Everything else is in good shape.I need to replace the one piston setup my LS Vtec combo install my LSD and new clutch. The LSD i plan to be a Quaife.. haven't decided 1 way 1.5 or 2way, any suggestions on a clutch? Oh I got this motor for 1600 from a friend.. I was told it should support a crap load of boost and would have cost about 3k to build. All comments and suggestions are wanted, I plan to use this daily and doubt the motor will ever see more than 25lbs of boost.

·
Registered
497 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
The head i am just gonna get better springs,valves & retainers.. no port work or cams.. I think it will be quite capable with just a stronger valve train..

I need suggestions on a clutch

·
Registered
264 Posts
I can't say exactly which clutch to buy but I would recommend getting in touch with ACT (Advance Clutch Technologies).
Tell them what kind of HP you figure the clutch needs to handle and how the car will be driven. They'll make a suggestion for you.
The shop I used to work for dealt exclusively with them and never had a problem.
Have fun with your new set up.... Sounds sweet!

·
Registered
2,124 Posts
on this type of setup I normally would recommend that ACT AI4-HDSS, good for about 300ft/lbs of tourque, or for a slightly different feel, the AI4-XTSS which takes a bit more torque. I wouldn't just go by HP, for that's not where the importance of the clutch lies.

There's also the
Exedy 8900, 08950 Which is a 3 puck sprung hub ( or even Hypersingle which comes w/ a flywheel (400+hp) for such a boosted car. A lightened flywheel really isn't necessary, if you have a GS-R one, just resurface it at a parts facility or even the dealership.. It costs about $45.

Get that piston done, and don't skimp on management.

·
Registered
497 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
I am still needing help picking out valves and a clutch, my final purchases are around the corner and I want the car up and running inside of a week. I still haven't heard any good clutch suggestions. "the shodan" I already have the exedy 3 puck and IMO it sucks and has for the last 20k miles. I wouldnt put this clutch under 3 psi let alone the torture of 12.. Any other suggestions would be helpfull. I am going to put all new rings into the pistons when i replace the bad one. Then I will also have a clean up porting done when the valves are installed, nothing complicated just a valve flow enhancement to help seating. I have decided to go with a resurfaced and professionally lightened GSR flywheel. So more valve and clutch suggestions would be good.

Thanks in advance

·
Registered
497 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
I finally got a chance to get a pic of my block, not much you can tell about it other than the GE "Godzilla" sleeves and the arias pistons.. in a month or so i will break it all down to put the new piston and the rings in.. when I do I will take a few pics of the new stainless valves and crower rods

You just wish you had a tire to use as a motor stand.

·
Registered
5 Posts
I have had an RPS Turbo clutch in my car for about 8000 miles. I had it properly installed with a ACT Lightened Flywheel. I have just a few bolt-ons...no crazy boost running through my veins....and up until around 7000 miles on the clutch is where I started driving hard. About 500 miles AFTER it started feeling loose (a slight slip here and there). And now at 8000 miles, it feels the same, but I would not recommend this clutch to anyone on any B-series motor, unless it is stock...or if you want a stock-like clutch.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.