Team Integra Forums banner
1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey folks, I have searched high and low, but can't find the technical specifications for my headers.

I am about to purchase a high-flo cat but I need to know what piping diameter I need. It needs to fit my DC Sports 4-2-1 (twopiece) headers and my Mugen Twin-Loop CatBack. What piping diameter will fit that application.

My apologies if this has been covered elsewhere, I could not find it!

Thanks!

dw.*

·
Registered
491 Posts
i would get a 2in. internal diameter cat. your header's ID is 1.8 inches, the exhaust im not sure on but the 2in cat will make your system progressivel get largers which is good for performance.

·
Registered
1,825 Posts
I have a 2.25 Carsound cat. They have been proven to flow much better than stock, and my OBDII compliant cat doesn't throw CEL's. Check the diameter of your header on DC's website and then go from there. I bought mine as a direct bolt on. However you can get larger diameter cats without flanges for custom setups.

·
Registered
1,825 Posts
Iceberg2443 on Jan/23/06 said:
test pipe, forget the cat if you want a real car.

Yeah a testpipe is crap for many reasons. I briefly used one and have found that...

1. They sound like crap and are deafening.
2. You will smell it at every stoplight
3. You are polluting the environment
4. You will get Check Engine Lights

And to top it off, you will not see any gains from it on a lightly modified car.

But I guess if you want a "real" car...lol

·
Registered
10,393 Posts
Iceberg2443 on Jan/23/06 said:
test pipe, forget the cat if you want a real car.
wow almost a year on TI.net and you come up with that reply? shame on u. >:p

back to topic, i recall Mugen cat-back is 2.36" in diameter. what size is your DC 4-2-1? is it 2" or the JDM 2.5" collector??

if is 2" collector, then you can get a 2.25" cat, or 2" would be fine. if your collector is 2.5" you should go for 2.5... although your catback would be steping down again...

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Ok, there seems to be some confusion on the exact measurements of my header diameter. Possibly this is due to confusing outer diameter and inner diameter. Speaking of which, which is more commonly used?

Having spoken to a rep from DC Sports (largely unhelpful), he quoted the diameter as 1 3/4" (or 1.75, which is very close to clarity's response. I was not clear if that was inner or outer diameter.

I have also yet to establish an exact measurement on my mugen twin-loop cat-back.

thx guys, i appreciate the replies.
dw*

·
Registered
491 Posts
i believe the inside diameter is 1.8in. most exhausts and header companies list the od while cats are always listed in id.

this is what you need to do. make sure the I.D. of the cat is no larger than the I.D. of your exhaust and no smaller than the I.D. of the header(although you really dont need to worry about that. plain and simple. try and find the I.D. of the mugen...

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
hey man.i think we've got the header cleared up now.

i am still having difficult determining the catback diameter though.

Mugen Twinloop Catback for application - 3rd gen integra, RS/GS/LS/SE

what is the diameter of the pipe, anyone?

thanks!
dw*

·
Registered
35,673 Posts
dagger14 on Jan/24/06 said:
were to get a carsound cat...post links....

Is it really that hard to go look on your own? You can't pull up a search engine and type in "carsound catalytic converter"? While I'm at it, would you like me to set up an appointment with a local shop to install it?

SMSP

There are tons of suppliers, and you can even buy them from most exhaust shops and eBay.

You're welcome.

·
Registered
2,668 Posts
I had Dave at SMSP build me a 2.5" 300 cell spun type cat, and all I can say is Dave know exactly what he's doing. Cost me like 190 with all flanges, hardware, and JDM donut. I spoke with him and told him what I'm running and he suggested a few things and he welded it up. Perfect fit, perfect welds, super fast build/ship time. He's the best resource out there for Cats.

1 - 16 of 16 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.