Team Integra Forums banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
588 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I recently bought the KAC-9152D amp, it is 1800 watts max and had it pushing 2 12's but they were several years old and have blown. I am pretty much broke being as how i just bought this new amp and new 6x9's. So I need help picking out speakers. The specs for the amp are:

Class-D monoblock Amplifier
Bass Boost Level and Frequency Remote Included
Variable Low-Pass Filter: 50 - 200 Hz (24 dB/Oct.)
Variable Input Sensitivity: 200mV - 5V
Phase Shift: 0° / 180°
Variable Infrasonic (Subsonic) Filter: 0/15Hz/25Hz (18 dB/Oct.)
High- and Low-Level Inputs
1 Ohm Stable
RMS Power Handling:
500 watts x 1 chan. @ 4 ohms
900 watts x 1 chan. @ 2 ohms
900 watts x 1 chan. @ 1 ohm
Preamp Outputs: 1 Pair
Bass Boost: 0 - 18 dB @ 40 - 100 Hz (Variable)

So, i need new speakers, i would prefer two twelves because i already have a box built for that, but if there were two tens i could modify the box.

My price limit is 250

given my poorness, i was thinking of these, but am worried i would blow them

*edit* and oh yeah can anyone tell me what the "phase shift: 0-180" is?

·
Registered
1,333 Posts
Audiobahn... enough said.

If you can get your hands on a set of Audiobahn Special Editions, then you better buy em. Best speakers I ever had in my life. I had two of the 12" version on 1000 watts and it was out slamming everything.

then they got stolen

the guy that jacked me had to have hurt his back pretty bad tho.. the speaker box weighed so much.

·
Registered
2,498 Posts
or go out and buy 1 12" L7. i think they run around 225 plus box. if u looking for something clearer u can always go jl or memphis, but those r a bit more pricey. Kicker is pretty decent company and has a number of different speakers. CVR's r some of the best ones. the top of the line kickers r L7's.

·
Registered
42 Posts
Phase shift changes the direction of the driver...(electrically, usualy in the preamp) example.. a woofer at 0' would move from its rest point
(where its held by the spider) moves outward/Back to the Restpoint/Moves inward(intobox) then back tot he rest point. flipping the phase 180' changes this.. in/then out vs out then in... what does this do?

one .. if you invert (mount magnets out) you woofers Rather than flipping the wires you can flip the switch..

another use is for tuning... the phase switch can remove an unwanted "hump" in the mid bass drives, it chages the time aligntment between the woofer and the the midbass driver... it can also make the bass "sound" like it coming infront of you or not, alot depends on your ears...(and the space between your ears) i wouldnt worry about it ... just set it to 0' and you'll be just fine..

1 - 7 of 7 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.