Team Integra Forums banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

Registered
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
So I have recently just got into modding and building my 97 integra ls. So far I have installed a secret weapon r short ram intake, DC 4-2-1 headers and looking for the best catback exhaust that will compliment my set up. I understand that there are very limited options for the ls sedan and will need to fabricate most catbacks. I want a deep sound that rumbles and growls when you hit that pedal. This is my first time posting on a forum so can't wait to hear the ideas and the s*** talk 馃槀

Registered
So I have recently just got into modding and building my 97 integra ls. So far I have installed a secret weapon r short ram intake, DC 4-2-1 headers and looking for the best catback exhaust that will compliment my set up. I understand that there are very limited options for the ls sedan and will need to fabricate most catbacks. I want a deep sound that rumbles and growls when you hit that pedal. This is my first time posting on a forum so can't wait to hear the ideas and the s*** talk 馃槀
I guess it depends on if you plan on throwing a turbo system on their eventually and if you HAVE to have a catback to pass DEQ and can't go straight pipe. If you plan on putting a 3in system or just bigger I could give you some ideas on what to go for, but if your keeping it NA then gonna not wanna go big so you got back pressure. I've never looked at one's that don't start with a bolt on downpipe to turbo, so wouldn't have many suggestions on that. In the end Google is your best friend on finding out!

Registered
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I guess it depends on if you plan on throwing a turbo system on their eventually and if you HAVE to have a catback to pass DEQ and can't go straight pipe. If you plan on putting a 3in system or just bigger I could give you some ideas on what to go for, but if your keeping it NA then gonna not wanna go big so you got back pressure. I've never looked at one's that don't start with a bolt on downpipe to turbo, so wouldn't have many suggestions on that. In the end Google is your best friend on finding out!
So I actually have a skunk 2 catback on the way! So my plan is to convert a 1.6 vtech head to my ls block and since everyone usually turbos I'm kinda thinking super charger later on if anything. I like winding roads and I heard turbos some times takes longer to build up the boost to get max potential in that situation. Correct me if I'm wrong and appreciate any advice 馃憤

Registered
So I actually have a skunk 2 catback on the way! So my plan is to convert a 1.6 vtech head to my ls block and since everyone usually turbos I'm kinda thinking super charger later on if anything. I like winding roads and I heard turbos some times takes longer to build up the boost to get max potential in that situation. Correct me if I'm wrong and appreciate any advice 馃憤
That's what's up. And a super charger definitely would be cool and not as common that's for sure! But as far as curvy roads and driving a boosted car it just depends on your set up and most of all the tune. But honestly on these 4cyl b18s you can have a big turbo and still have it spool pretty quick and not have bad turbo lag. But if you go with something like mine, with a T3T4 turbo and some injectors with a good chip tune, the motor itself is fast then when the boost kicks in they're definitely fast and don't have much lag. Mine is all motor until about 2500 rpm it starts spooling and really punches at 3kRPM.

Registered
That's what's up. And a super charger definitely would be cool and not as common that's for sure! But as far as curvy roads and driving a boosted car it just depends on your set up and most of all the tune. But honestly on these 4cyl b18s you can have a big turbo and still have it spool pretty quick and not have bad turbo lag. But if you go with something like mine, with a T3T4 turbo and some injectors with a good chip tune, the motor itself is fast then when the boost kicks in they're definitely fast and don't have much lag. Mine is all motor until about 2500 rpm it starts spooling and really punches at 3kRPM.
So pretty much having it turboed it'd be just fine on curvy roads and I guarantee you'll have a lot of fun. Not so much on up hill curvy roads thou lol. I like hitting backroads too but mostly use my turboed lexus for that since it's RWD and easy to drift. But still have plenty of fun in my LS on only 5psi no matter the road. You can checkout my build if you want.

Registered
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
So pretty much having it turboed it'd be just fine on curvy roads and I guarantee you'll have a lot of fun. Not so much on up hill curvy roads thou lol. I like hitting backroads too but mostly use my turboed lexus for that since it's RWD and easy to drift. But still have plenty of fun in my LS on only 5psi no matter the road. You can checkout my build if you want.
Hell yeah I noticed there's not too many super chargers to choose from either. Not gonna lie only reason I thought about that was from intial D where he races a turbo AE86 lol definetly down to check out your build tho馃憤

Administrator
Superchargers are very few far & between for our B-Series engines. The more popular options have since been discontinued for many years (Jackson Racing for example), and some of the other options are quite expensive vs. power gain. Turbocharger technology has come a long way in terms of reliability, power output, and throttle response. If someone has big power goals, then yes, throttle response will suffer. Lower goals will better align with smaller turbos that are inline with instant throttle response without any lag.

Registered
Superchargers are very few far & between for our B-Series engines. The more popular options have since been discontinued for many years (Jackson Racing for example), and some of the other options are quite expensive vs. power gain. Turbocharger technology has come a long way in terms of reliability, power output, and throttle response. If someone has big power goals, then yes, throttle response will suffer. Lower goals will better align with smaller turbos that are inline with instant throttle response without any lag.
I was wondering how long until you'd put in some advice on this subject jjkz24 haha. But, yes. Exactly what he said, and if there's anyone that you can trust advice and take there word for it then that's the guy. I mean I got knowledge on turbo systems but still pretty new to the b18 and especially 4cylinder engines. But if you do go that route with a supercharger we'd definitely love to see the process and end result output!

Registered
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
I appreciate your input on this subject and I started to see what you mean. It's kinda disappointing that superchargers kinda fell off because I really want something different. Like when you here a turbo your like oh that's a turbo but when you hear a supercharger it's like WTF was that just coming from that car lol

Registered
If you want it to be different than others there's other ways to go about it and still turbo it and have the power. I haven't done much research on how possible or hard it is to make these cars AWD but I know it's been done with other makes and models that were FWD or RWD at first. I think it'd be awesome to make an turbo AWD integra! Not too heavy, lots of power and lots of grip! Think ima actually do some research on it now and see if it's been done and what it takes..

Registered
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
If you want it to be different than others there's other ways to go about it and still turbo it and have the power. I haven't done much research on how possible or hard it is to make these cars AWD but I know it's been done with other makes and models that were FWD or RWD at first. I think it'd be awesome to make an turbo AWD integra! Not too heavy, lots of power and lots of grip! Think ima actually do some research on it now and see if it's been done and what it takes..
Yea just that sound you here from a supercharger is unlike anything people hear. I just think it's badass it reminds me of like a alien spaceship were you just question everything you know lol I think that's a awesome idea honestly about trying AWD integra
it be fun to see what it does but not going to lie I'm in love with the front wheel drive aspect and having the back end able to whip a little more. Still think a AWD Integra would definitely be interesting and if you do it I definitely want to hear the deets!! 馃憣

Registered
Yea just that sound you here from a supercharger is unlike anything people hear. I just think it's badass it reminds me of like a alien spaceship were you just question everything you know lol I think that's a awesome idea honestly about trying AWD integra
it be fun to see what it does but not going to lie I'm in love with the front wheel drive aspect and having the back end able to whip a little more. Still think a AWD Integra would definitely be interesting and if you do it I definitely want to hear the deets!! 馃憣
Yeah I looked into it a Lil more and they actually sell kits to make it AWD. Still wouldn't be easy, but at least you can buy a kit or there's actually a good amount of people that have done it and can learn from how they did it. But me personally, I don't think I'll end up doing it. I'm more than likely selling my integra by the end of summer when my RWD monster project is almost done. But if I end up keeping it, and finish my other one then maybe AWD will be the next thing to do to it assuming it stays healthy and I don't break something expensive b4 doing it haha. Knock on wood!

1 - 12 of 12 Posts