Team Integra Forums banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey,
I picked up a 00’ GSR. The mods done from the previous owner are:
Stock b18c block (jdm type r??? Or just US type r?)
Gsr head with the following:
Type R camshafts
VMs racing adjustable cam gears
dual valve spring and titanium retainers
P28 ecu
Skunk 2 intake mani
Headers
Exhaust

I’m new to the game. Can someone help me with what I have? Seems decent? My goal is to get to high 280’s or 300 whp. Would consider going boost. But nervous if it can handle. Body has 285k. Not sure what motor has. Any idea ball park what it can be running now with these mods as far as hp?

·
Super Moderator
25,244 Posts
They would not. No b-series engine did.
Confused on that. From what I recall, the C1 and C5 (and in this case, the B18C) could do 300 whp with boost on stock internals...but that was about the limit.

·
Administrator
4,124 Posts
Confused on that. From what I recall, the C1 and C5 (and in this case, the B18C) could do 300 whp with boost on stock internals...but that was about the limit.
I took it more or less as engineered for boost, so I can see the discrepancy there with my reply above. For me personally, I hate giving feedback that a given power goal under boost will be completely safe, or it will definitely fail. I've been in that specific situation where I gave advice to someone around a similar situation, and the tuner of that scenario didn't know what they were doing, and ended up having a cracked sleeve with similar power goals as the OP. That turned into a "Hey dude....I thought you said my motor would handle this?" It's a crap-shoot really, and too many variables.

There's a ton of people (myself included) that was fine on a "stock-block" setup, and others that failed prematurely.

·
Super Moderator
25,244 Posts
I took it more or less as engineered for boost, so I can see the discrepancy there with my reply above. For me personally, I hate giving feedback that a given power goal under boost will be completely safe, or it will definitely fail. I've been in that specific situation where I gave advice to someone around a similar situation, and the tuner of that scenario didn't know what they were doing, and ended up having a cracked sleeve with similar power goals as the OP. That turned into a "Hey dude....I thought you said my motor would handle this?" It's a crap-shoot really, and too many variables.

There's a ton of people (myself included) that was fine on a "stock-block" setup, and others that failed prematurely.
Agreed. Have backup funds ready for a new engine build - just a matter of when you'll need a rebuild. Crapshoot. Agreed.

Anyone who comes back and says "I thought you said my motor would handle this" is in WAY over their head and have no business in forced induction.

Reactions: jjkz24
1 - 7 of 7 Posts