Team Integra Forums banner
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
186 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I just got a new mp3 kenwood HU and there's a feature for phone mute when the phone rings. Basically the music pauses or ATT when the phone rings.

Has anyone used this feature? How effective is it? Does it randomly turn down/pause the music even though theres no call?

I'm going to install this myself, I believe it says to just ground that wire. Is that correct??

tahnks.

·
Registered
1,955 Posts
no...you have to have the adapter from you phone and it shows the headunit voltage when the cell phone is active...where you are talking...not sure on if its just ringing or not...what deck/any info but most likely it'll fade -20db or something like that and it should be the pink/black??? wire off the top of my head not positive though

·
Registered
1,704 Posts
My Kenwood deck has the ATT button. I have to press it when I want to talk on the phone but I love it as a feature! It just makes the music really soft (you don't have to mess with pausing the cd or lowering the volume on the radio) As far as I know Kenwood is the only company that has the ATT button.

·
Registered
507 Posts
yeah i have to push it too
i love it cause the sound goes really soft
kenwood is not the only company
i got the sony xplode or whatever its called

·
Registered
186 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
I think u understood me wrong.

there's a wire on the headunit that says "TEL mute wire (brown color)". and it says to "connect to the terminal that is grounded when either the telephone rings or during conversation". How would I hook that up?

And this is the description of the TEL mute feature:
"The audio system automatically mutes when a call comes in.
When a call comes in.
"CALL " is displayed"
The audio system pauses.
When the call ends.
Hang up the phone.
The "CALL" display disappears and the audio system comes back oN".

·
Administrator
43,018 Posts
yes, its a cool feature.. but this was a wire that the old school "hard mounted" cell phones tied into

todays day and age of just a little cell phone and nothing special required in the car, well, it kinda killed any automatic functionality of that wire

no reason why one cant just wire that to a switch to show it ground when their phone rings though, easy mute... i believe some radios will even "pause" instead of just mute the sound

·
Registered
280 Posts
i sounds like none of you guys really understand this awsome feature. let me get into it. i set it up in a friends car and it is like one of the best things ever. the reason that wire is grounded is because it acts like an antenna. it detects the frequencies that cell phones are at. so when you get a call it sees the frequecy and mutes it. there is a problem in this tho. if you get a text mesage from some one it will mute for like 5 seconds while you are getting it. its nice cause it lets you know but my friend hates that. the other bad thing is that nextel phones put out such a strong signal that it will detect them from like 15 feet(?) meaning when we drive past people using nextels it sometimes mutes. but hook it up and see if you like it. if not then just disconect it.

·
Registered
280 Posts
you dont need an adapter for your phone i think only alpine does that because with there nokia adapter you could make calls and see texts and use the phone book fromthe actual head unit

1 - 12 of 12 Posts