Team Integra Forums banner

281 - 298 of 298 Posts

·
Premium Member
963 Posts
Discussion Starter #281
What length bolts did you end up needing? I got mine in the mail this weekend would love to install them soon
Crap, I can't remember. 30mm maybe? You could probably unbolt one and bring it with. Sorry about that, I should have took note.

·
Premium Member
963 Posts
Discussion Starter #282
So I ordered a set of modified drop forks for the DB8 back in June and finally received them this past week. They were made by a Matt Begley (MerricaMatt on Instagram). You may know him for a cream colored, slammed TSX on BBS RS'.

Here are the shortened forks. I found him on Instagram and he has apparently made many sets of modified forks via a specific cast welding process. I didn't find any negative comments so I figured I'd order a set.

The purpose of ordering a set of modified forks was to get the DB8 to sit lower... Well, the forks didn't achieve the goal because what's holding mine back is the upper control arms. On the Stanceworks forums, someone from the UK modified a set of forks and spindle arms via the same method. So I guess I'll be holding on to the forks for awhile until I sort out the upper control arm area for "moar low".

In other news, we traded in my wife's FA5 last year and got her into a Mini Countryman All4. Before we did, we replaced her Project Kics R26 lug nuts with a set of BWR ones before the trade.

I finally remembered to put them on the teg. And yes, I know the lug nuts are worth half as much as the XXR's... One day they'll go behind the waffle covers of the BBS RS' I have yet to finish refurbishing. lol.

Excuse the dirty wheels,

Also put the ITR front lip back on. No pictures yet because it is extremely dirty and still has remnants of sticker adhesive back when it was sticker bombed. :roll eyes:

·
Premium Member
963 Posts
Discussion Starter #283
So I improved the intake set up for the turbo. I was previously using flexible ducting that came with the used kit I bought which looked like this:

I noticed on Justyncredible's build he bought some piping from Silicone Intake Systems

Looked through their product offering I noticed some stuff I could use so I made an order... And I come to find out that they were local to me! As in right down the street! They don't have an actual store front so walk ins are only for picking up internet orders, which I did to save on shipping. Lol.

Picked up a new turbo blanket, some silicon hose, and a 90 degree silicone decreasing diameter elbow.

And now my intake is set like this:

I think it's an improvement. :biggrin:

·
Premium Member
963 Posts
Discussion Starter #284
So...

I'm planning on parting ways with the teg. Possibly parting it out a bit to sell it at a reasonable price.

Just feel like it needs more work than I have time for. And when I say "needs" its more of things that I "want" to do and not things that are preventing it from being a daily driver.

What do you guys think I can get for it without parting out? It's bagged, boosted (still on a basemap but in the last 6 months of near daily driving I've had no issues), and has a JDM front.

I may pull the turbo components off and sell them separately or as a kit.

Things to think about... And I'm in no rush.

·
Registered
440 Posts
got a link to those modified forks?
not seeing anything like that on ebay.
might be interested if the price is right.

·
Premium Member
963 Posts
Discussion Starter #287
got a link to those modified forks?
not seeing anything like that on ebay.
might be interested if the price is right.
You can contact MerricaMatt on Instagram. He was selling them for $150. Not sure if that is still the going rate. He was also extremely backed up in making them, it took me a little over a month after payment to receive mine. (kinda made me anxious since Paypal has its 45 day policy).
I'll let them go for $200.

don't do iiiiittttttt!
Bro! I wish mine was painted and looked as good as yours!!! With as much work that I want done to mine and the time and money it would take, I made the decision it was time to move on to another car. And yea, some might say why move on to another car if thats money anyway? The time and work I want to put into the DB8 is my other concern. Spent so much time working on it instead of with my wife and son. So I figured I'd just move on. Maybe when I hit the lottery one day I can make the time/work concern go away with money. lol.
Sorry for the long winded reply, bet you weren't expecting that one. lol.

·
Registered
4,783 Posts
Such a shame to see such a good project end :(

·
Registered
661 Posts
Bro! I wish mine was painted and looked as good as yours!!! With as much work that I want done to mine and the time and money it would take, I made the decision it was time to move on to another car. And yea, some might say why move on to another car if thats money anyway? The time and work I want to put into the DB8 is my other concern. Spent so much time working on it instead of with my wife and son. So I figured I'd just move on. Maybe when I hit the lottery one day I can make the time/work concern go away with money. lol.
Sorry for the long winded reply, bet you weren't expecting that one. lol.
haha It's been my dream car since high school...and since i'm older now I kinda feel the same way. It was my dream car in high school--1997. lol but now that it's painted and i'm -still- having bag issues with the front passenger side knuckle, it makes me want to just get rid of it and go with a more traditional VIP platform. And my Skunk2 uca for that side it bent to hell (have no idea how), that tire is also camber-worn to the point of exploding hahaha...haven't drove it in 3 weeks, too scared

·
Registered
661 Posts
btw, we are two of i think a total of only 4 bagged sedans that i've heard of in the country. And one dude is in hawaii with the white DB on SSR Professors, so i think only 3 of us mainland

·
Premium Member
963 Posts
Discussion Starter #291
Such a shame to see such a good project end :(
Aw, thanks man.

haha It's been my dream car since high school...and since i'm older now I kinda feel the same way. It was my dream car in high school--1997. lol but now that it's painted and i'm -still- having bag issues with the front passenger side knuckle, it makes me want to just get rid of it and go with a more traditional VIP platform. And my Skunk2 uca for that side it bent to hell (have no idea how), that tire is also camber-worn to the point of exploding hahaha...haven't drove it in 3 weeks, too scared
I feel you. I fell in love with the integra body in 1997 too as a sophomore in high school. I'll always love the body style. And I'll guess when I have more time and extra garage space, I'll come back to it. It's a great project but I don't have the space for it and don't know when I'll have the time for it. I did go the VIP platform though...'13 C300 4MATIC Sport. :biggrin:

Haven't driven mine in about two weeks too. Exhaust leak at the turbo manifold has me smelling like exhaust all day.
Still having issues with that front pass. knuckle?! I wonder what's going on...

btw, we are two of i think a total of only 4 bagged sedans that i've heard of in the country. And one dude is in hawaii with the white DB on SSR Professors, so i think only 3 of us mainland
And yea... I know we are pretty rare. lol! I seen the guy in HI, his is wicked nice too! I was following him on IG but I think he went private at one point and booted me. lol.

·
Premium Member
963 Posts
Discussion Starter #293
Noooo!!!!! Just because I sold mine doesn't make it ok! You should go Odyssey bro.. Family oriented, VIP, baggable and still a honda 👍👍👍

Sent from AutoGuide.com App
LOL. I actually told my wife i wouldn't mind having a van. :biggrin: She said absolutely not. lol She's pretty anti-van. But yea, i would VIP it , bag it and be extra comfortable. :biggrin:

·
Registered
70 Posts
I remember commenting on this build on S/W

Sad that you may sell/part it out. It's a very clean car. But if you decide to part, I'll gladly buy your air struts and maybe wheels.

·
Super Moderator
3,245 Posts
If you want the van life without feeling like you have a van, get a Mazda 5 with a stick. Sliding doors for munchkins, flat-folding seats for cargo, and a drivetrain that's fun. I just wish my wife had let me get one with 3 pedals. She's not down with rowing her own.

·
Premium Member
963 Posts
Discussion Starter #296
So havent sold it yet or removed any parts. Think I may keep it for awhile longer. Sometimes my motivation gets reignited where I want to do work on it again. But we'll see. Last thoughts were to switch over to a "resto-mod" Kinda try to restore it to its 1994 condition... we'll see though. :|

·
Premium Member
963 Posts
Discussion Starter #298
This is an end of an era for me...

Sold the DB8 to a local in Colorado Springs. Looking forward to seeing what the new owner does with it.

Tremendous thanks to Morning Z for starting T-I.net and all the great folks that put forth so much information. Been a member for 12 years. I'll lurk every once and awhile to get my integral fix. lol

281 - 298 of 298 Posts