Team Integra Forums banner

1 - 20 of 32 Posts

·
Registered
890 Posts
unless you have the power to push it you won't notice much of a difference. Even after you do have the power to push it, if you full throttle out of the whole, its still only going to leave a one wheel brun out. It isn't a true LSD, many of the v8 guys I know reffered to it as a clutch pack when it started on the scene a while back. I run one in the enemy, and it does better then nothing, but if you overpower it on the launch it isn't anywhere near effective as a true limited slip, but I'll say for the money it can't be beat.

·
Registered
1,143 Posts
When i first joined the site i was very interested in buying one of these, then i spoke to someone who explained to me why this thing sucks. The "spider gear design" makes it so if this thing were to break it would take the majority of your drivetarain with it.

on some cars it performs well but i've yet to talk to a integra owner who uses this, if you know of any please direct them to me i have a lot of questions i would like to ask them.

·
Registered
31,217 Posts
sorry to get OT but I just converted my Kaaz clutch pack LSD from a 2 way to a 1.5 way...man it's downright amazingly different like night and day when you corner with a 1.5 way...way less understeer...

here is a good primer on lsd's:

http://hybrid2.honda-perf.org/tech/lsdinfo.html

regarding the Phantom Grip...you already know that they are spider gears...I've seen people with them at autocrosses...they crab a lot...hey but it's cheap to get...maybe the torque doesn't cause the spider gears to release during transients at cornering or there needs to be more sensitivity..I don't know why they crab but they do...
great for drag racers though.

·
Registered
890 Posts
I wish I had looked harder, but the tranny was out, and I had been asked if I wanted it for half the price of what it cost, brand new in the package. It does make me reconsider it, but In the future i will do the quaiffe on warranty alone. Maybe next time i'm doing a budget project i'll look into it a little further.

·
Registered
157 Posts
I bought my ITR LSD, used, for 350 bucks off of eBay. The hybrid garage link is great. The install is a snap if you follow those instructions (for an OEM lsd you don't flip the ring gear upside down though) and the helms manual (for assembling the gear shafts and linkage). Swapping from the tapered roller bearing to the ball bearing is a MUST. If you know what you're doing it takes about two days work. I personally think you'd be much happier with a differential swap rather than a modification... don't let that discourage you though.

·
Registered
3,953 Posts
With the ITR LSD, KAZZ 1.5 way (excluding oil), and Quaife all costing arounnd $850, it seems to be it's just a maintance and performance question.on a side note, I'm putting a KAZZ in my project.

MD, I always wondered why you had a 2-way in the first place.

·
Registered
157 Posts
Michael Delaney on Sep/05/02 said:
To me, a used ITR LSD is the best bang for the buck not the Phantom Grip...as long as it did not come from a stolen ITR...remember the golden rule and the fact that what goes around, comes around.
Its out of a wrecked Japanese ITR.

eBay is full of guys in Japan selling them.

·
Registered
3,953 Posts
Is the ITR LSD rebuildable?

I didn't get the ITR addition of the Helms, considering the '99 update was about $30 and consisted of about 4 pages covering ring gap and a different bearing in the tranny.

·
Registered
162 Posts
hey guys.. im still thinking of rebuilding my tranny. my question is, can i use the newer 00-01 ITR ball bearings in a cable tranny?

honda switched to tappered roller bearings for a reason, and then to new style of ball bearing cus those weren't that great... but im assuming both choices are better then the old ball bearing in my Y1 LSD tranny correct?

·
Registered
6,059 Posts
Torson gearing is the best of all worlds as far as differentials go. Everything else is kind of a compromise.

·
Registered
549 Posts
so anyone actually go out and get this thing and what do they think of it. Anyone really hate em now, need to know kinda important

1 - 20 of 32 Posts