Team Integra Forums banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
hey wassup everyone i have a 94 teg(auto) i have an aem short ram, tsudo header and exhaust, hi flow cat and im looking for more power. i have looked through the past posts but its a lot to go through i just need suggestions on what else to get? i am also looking to buy rims, supercharger, intake manifold, nitrous kit, and other parts just pm me with a price and pic if u got it also does the skunk2 intake manifold do much like will it be a gain that u can notice and hows the performance on cam gears and pulleys? im just tryin to learn as much as a can while reading the posts i just thought this would be some what more helpful and i knw its an auto but i dont really want to switch to a manual but will if thats my last resort the auto isnt that bad just but not as fun

·
Registered
801 Posts
Well, if your going to buy a supercharger, you don't want to waste your money on an intake manifold. Not to be rude or anything, but I think you should educate yourself on how things work. I garantuee MD will get on here soon and talk about how building up your car is like lego's, but you need to carefully plan it out. Some things don't work good with each other, no matter how expensive or how much "horse power" they are said to make. Good luck with your decisions and make good ones.

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
lol yea i atleast know that much i was just sayin i would like an intake manifold if i dont get the supercharger i mean if i can come across a supercharger for a good price then id go that route im not power hungry needing a 500hp car i just want something nice and need info getting there

·
Registered
1,173 Posts
i think you need to do a bit more research before start buying stuff. doesn't sound like you know what you're getting yourself into. keep tryin to learn as much as you can by reading the posts. you're gonna have a hard time posting a thread up like this one and having people spoon feed you information. there is plenty of info out there. i'm not even sure MD will chime in on this one seeing as though we've already told him to more research...who knows.

·
Registered
581 Posts
wiseguy2213 on Jan/29/06 said:
Well, if your going to buy a supercharger, you don't want to waste your money on an intake manifold. Not to be rude or anything, but I think you should educate yourself on how things work. I garantuee MD will get on here soon and talk about how building up your car is like lego's, but you need to carefully plan it out. Some things don't work good with each other, no matter how expensive or how much "horse power" they are said to make. Good luck with your decisions and make good ones.
that isn't all true, many supecharger systems don't replace the intake manifold.
my ati procharger kit doesn't and neither does the vortech one. just a little fyi

·
Registered
689 Posts
for the type of money your thinking about putting into your car, right now the best power advantage to invest in would be a motor & tranny swap. Then if you decide you need more power, then add on the force induction. As stated deff. read a little more.

·
Registered
801 Posts
dragon1522000 on Jan/29/06 said:
lol yea i atleast know that much i was just sayin i would like an intake manifold if i dont get the supercharger i mean if i can come across a supercharger for a good price then id go that route im not power hungry needing a 500hp car i just want something nice and need info getting there
Ok, that makes me feel better. Then maybe you should do an LS/vtec swap. If not that, then just keep doing bolt ons like a new IM and then maybe go for pulleys, cams and cam gears. Good luck, looks like your getting yourself off to a good start.

·
Registered
801 Posts
mindlessracing on Jan/29/06 said:
Quote: wiseguy2213 on Jan/29/06Well, if your going to buy a supercharger, you don't want to waste your money on an intake manifold. Not to be rude or anything, but I think you should educate yourself on how things work. I garantuee MD will get on here soon and talk about how building up your car is like lego's, but you need to carefully plan it out. Some things don't work good with each other, no matter how expensive or how much "horse power" they are said to make. Good luck with your decisions and make good ones.

that isn't all true, many supecharger systems don't replace the intake manifold.
my ati procharger kit doesn't and neither does the vortech one. just a little fyi
Thats interesting, I never knew that. I guess I stand corrected. How exactly does that work then?

·
Registered
447 Posts
Sounds like your looking for your car not to necessarily be faster - but to be more fun to drive- in which case you should just consider getting/swapping a manual tranny. You'd also be surprised at the fun of a nice suspension will give. I was in your boat a while ago after basic bolt ons and wanted something more fun. I couldn't be happier after springs/shocks/itr sway bar/strut tower bars etc and its not TOO expensive either.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.