Team Integra Forums banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
308 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
MY rad is gone, and i need a new one......

should i go with a regular rad..or a performance aluminum one....does it matter does it increase any power or help cool down the engine?

·
Registered
392 Posts
well i think performance rads will cool your engine sooner than a factory one. i believe that it releases the coolent at a lower temp than the factory.

·
Registered
1,410 Posts
WxtremeGSRteg, you should probably refrain from giving advice unless you're certain that you know what you're talking about. I'm not trying to give you a hard time, just a tip.

Anyway, as for your cooling system: If your engine is mostly stock, the OEM radiator will probably work fine. How long did the last one last? Do you think your current car will outlast a new OEM radiator? I seriously doubt it, unless you plan to keep your car for another 100K+ miles.

·
Registered
308 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
my denso rad went at 180 km, so what your saying is that the factory one is made for my stock engine, and if i had added mods...cams headers..etc intake then i should get a performance rad to cool down and match my performance mods right?

what im asking is ..does anyone have an alumnum rad? and is it better than a normal aftermarket metal rad?

thanks

·
Registered
3,211 Posts
with just normal mods such as i/h/c/e you do not need a performance radiator. unless you are going to mess with the internals or up the compression there really is not a need to go with a performance radiator. the oem one will do everything that you need it to do.

·
Registered
1,026 Posts
You will most likely be able to get a fluidyn radiator cheaper than the OEM. It will not make your engine run cooler to say, it will cool it faster. The spoon thermostat will make it run cooler.

·
Registered
392 Posts
roundle on Sep/09/02 said:
WxtremeGSRteg, you should probably refrain from giving advice unless you're certain that you know what you're talking about. I'm not trying to give you a hard time, just a tip.

Anyway, as for your cooling system: If your engine is mostly stock, the OEM radiator will probably work fine. How long did the last one last? Do you think your current car will outlast a new OEM radiator? I seriously doubt it, unless you plan to keep your car for another 100K+ miles.
Listen here i never said he would be better off with a aftermarket radiator. i just said that the aftermarket would cool it sooner than the factory, which is basically the same thing JUICEDGSR95 said. i gave advice from what i heard about performance rads from others, which is what most of the people on ti do when they are giving advise from what they heard from others. they give advice according to what they heard about a product or something. so dont accuse me of being wrong.

·
Registered
308 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
dont argue guys...roundle was just tying to give me some accurate information, and i think we all hate rumours that dont really have a solid source or credentials..

its a good thing extreme gsr that u said "u think" and that you diddnt state your opinion as a fact...maybe next time just add...this is what i heard..just so a person wouldt take your advice and go and buy something when u realy just heard it and its not proven..k....thanks for the replies...any more input about the aluminum ones?

·
Registered
2,377 Posts
King Motorsports sells a Mugen low temp thermostat and fan switch significantly cheaper than Spoon. Jackson Racing sells a low temp thermostat extremely cheap. I don't know why the Jackson Racing thermostat is so cheap. I think I'm just getting so used to overpriced parts that when a part isn't overpriced I get concerned. Does anyone have experience with the JR thermostat?

1 - 9 of 9 Posts